Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna wheelies

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012 | 12:58 PM
Wheelup
Banned

"Harleys were much more fun when tattooed, intoxicated, fun loving maniacs rode them. Good job on bringing that front end up, do what you enjoy brother."

QUOTE OF THE WEEK!!!

Old 08-18-2012 | 01:21 PM
night09train
Cruiser

we do it becasue its fun! yea older dyna cases tend to break fairly easy. but its not hard to fix we weld a bridge 1/4 thick accross the cases weld the cases back together plate the sides and its good to go. stronger than before. here is a little seat wheelie action for you guys of my lil cousin.

Attached Thumbnails Dyna wheelies-zzz.jpg  
Old 08-18-2012 | 01:50 PM
tr8785
Road Master

Awesome wheelie, now that my dyna is my toy bike, I wouldn't mind doing the same thing.

Old 08-18-2012 | 02:17 PM
hdfist
|
Intermediate

Thanks I'm glad to hear people are welding the cases, so anybody out there rip it up in second gear? Or most going first to second

Old 08-18-2012 | 05:06 PM
sin_cal_fxd
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Wheelup
"Harleys were much more fun when tattooed, intoxicated, fun loving maniacs rode them. Good job on bringing that front end up, do what you enjoy brother."

QUOTE OF THE WEEK!!!
Beer makes me a prophet lmao jk..... Thanks man

Old 08-18-2012 | 06:31 PM
Crazy
Grand HDF Member

QUOTE OF THE WEEK!!!

Absolutely. That may be new signature material.

Crazy

Old 08-18-2012 | 11:04 PM
beakerztoyz
Tourer

QUOTE OF THE WEEK!!!

Quote of the year is more like it........

Course I'm still tryin to figure out y wheelies would hurt the cases is it because its not a rubber mounted engine?

And another thing....why not just use the clutch to shift it when the front tire is in the air, it's gotta be smoother than to just smack it into the next gear, and I think any lift lost would b regained fast

Old 08-19-2012 | 09:43 AM
HD Dooley
Cruiser

You can't shift fast enough with the cultch.... And as I said before CLUTCH IT UP.... That will bring you up in second.

Try this- get the bike going about 3000-3200 rpm in second , feather the clutch in just until it disengages. Rev the bike to 5000 rpm(or 6000 is better if you have no rev limiter) and engage the clutch as you lean back at the same time.
You have to be fast and not lose any momentum or you won't get the lift.
This will take practice and finess .

Old 08-19-2012 | 10:09 AM
Mike650
Road Captain

if you guys havent yet, check out Jason Pullen. hes a rider from san francisco who does stunts on harleys. he has an FXR and a sporty.

Old 08-19-2012 | 10:33 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by night09train
we do it becasue its fun! yea older dyna cases tend to break fairly easy. but its not hard to fix we weld a bridge 1/4 thick accross the cases weld the cases back together plate the sides and its good to go. stronger than before. here is a little seat wheelie action for you guys of my lil cousin.

I have an extra high mileage engine I am gonna build a big bore stroker and would like to go ahead and reinforce the front mount area on the cases. Would you post some close up pics of the reinforced setup you guys are runnin?

Quick Reply: Dyna wheelies