Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

WG Handlebar Recall

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 12:33 PM
cap_njack
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WG Handlebar Recall

I received my recall and my bars are actually cracking on each side of the slot between the clamps

Old 01-21-2007, 03:36 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Got mine yesterday as well. I talked to the service guy at the dealer and he said that in some cases when customers had problems with the handlebars, they had begun to see a crack near the wire openning before the bars completely cracked in half.

I'm bringing my bike in for this and the battery bolt recall as soon as it warms up a bit. But until I get it fixed, I guess I'm going to have to keep an eye on that openning under the clamps.

Has anyone seen their bars starting to crack yet?
Thanks.

Todd

Old 01-21-2007, 04:19 PM
Zyklon
Tourer

I received my recall yesterday but the ice, snow, and sleet will put off taking the bike to the dealer for awhile. Haven’t noticed any cracks or problems with my original handlebars but I will keep an eye on them until I get them changed.

Zyklon

Old 01-21-2007, 07:36 PM
WdGldDave
Road Captain

Question - I've heard people say the bars will crack by the clamps and others say by the grips. Does anyone know anything definitive on this? Maybe they could break anywhere?

Whining - Man this sucks. I just finished adding 06 wg bars to my 01 wg. Some of you may remember the posts. It was a huge job. I guess I'll really know my sh#t about handle bars when I get done.

Old 01-22-2007, 12:17 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: Sandhog

I recieved mine yesterday also.
Was wondering if anyone has the Harley drag bars on thier Glider and how they like them.May see if they can change the bars over to the drags while they have them off anyways.
Ive never ridden a bike with drag bars but always like the look.
I have the Bombay bars with tach pod, not quite Drags Bars exactly, but similiar. I love 'em! But they are internally wired also and now I am worried about them breaking! Have to try and gather some patience and call the MoCo with part# to ask about them. This should be fun [:@]

Here's a pic of my bars...And there are other views in my Gallery on here.

[IMG]local://upfiles/18164/68C543C4CA6C48DE858D90D177477FF0.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-22-2007, 12:21 PM
Beagle1
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: eleutheros

Got it today. I was hoping to change to taller apes since they're taking them off anyway, but they said it would be $1,000. No thanks.
Does that come with a kiss and a bottle of Dom? What a rip off! Bars are about $300 from HD, and if I was a Service Manager I would take what the MoCo is paying me to change the bars already and subtract it from the customer pay price and have you pay that difference. That's how I used to do it at the Ford Dealer with people.

Sounds to me like they are double dipping. I only have $550 into my bar swap with braided lines & cables, the bars and grips. Labor all mine.

Old 01-23-2007, 03:09 PM
07fxdwg
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just talked to HD rep. If you changed bars before recall you are SOL.[:@]My street slammers were put on at time of purchase before recall therefore I am not entitled to any "If you have had this defect repaired before you recieved this letter, you may be eligible to recievereimbursement for the cost of obtaining a pre-notification remedy of the problem associated with this recall" as stated in the recall letter. She said that if you have the stock bars on your bike and want bars other than stock you will have to pay for the bars you want and they will be installed for free. Call the number to comfirm this before you go to the dealer. If you are thinking about changing bars and/or installing switch housings and don't want to splice the wires now is the time to do it and save some $$$.

Old 01-23-2007, 10:07 PM
route2null0
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There used to be a url where you could plug in your VIN and get the list of recalls... anyone know what that url is?

Thanks!

Old 01-23-2007, 10:24 PM
glenprice25401
Cruiser

https://www.harley-davidson.com/EX/M...icecheckup.asp

i think that's where you can get recall information...

Old 01-23-2007, 11:36 PM
dyna2319
Tourer

I just spoke to my dealer about the handlebar recall and they have not heard much about it yet. They are not sure what the "repair" is for the handle bars is yet. Said to give them a call in a few weeks. Accord to the recall it said the stealer would be getting something in about it on Monday 22 Jan 2007. So I figure it will be about 2-3 weeks before I can get my bars done.

Dyna 2319

Quick Reply: WG Handlebar Recall