Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012 | 06:11 PM
BMyers
|
Road Master
Default True Track initial impressions

Installed a true-track on my 2012 superglide Sunday. I never felt the bike handled as well as my 2005 sportster did.
First off, it took about 3 hours to install. I admit I am fussy and checked and rechecked. It isn't a slap on install.
On first start up I immediately noticed the idle vibration is significantly lower. Before the bike would shake the bars like crazy up to about 1700 rpm in first and sitting at a stop. That is reduced 50% or better.
I then took a ride up my favorite country road that I wound cut up on the sporty. The superglide now feels much tighter on that road and just feels tighter overall (might be just me wishfully thinking) but i think it tracked better around tight turns.
These are my opinions.

Old 08-13-2012 | 06:19 PM
Gliden
Club Member

I can say now after about 2 k on it since true track was installed that it's not a placebo effect. The bike has now handled through at least 10 former situations/road conditions that would have induced a wobble in the past. I did have my rear shocks preload set too tight on one side and too loose on the other which initially gave me scary wobbles in high speed sweepers. After fixing that things calmed down but I'd still get a wobble but not to scary proportions. Since t.t. I can say she is tight, it does induce confidence in it's handling and only once since at high speed in a bank turn a wobble tried to start but I eased off the throttle (instead of powering and going faster) and immediately it stopped.

So it's not 100% wobble proof but I'm convinced it gives me a tighter ride and a better feeling of control.

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:45 PM
Donny
Road Captain

I noticed the biggest improvement in ordinary, every day, right or left hand turns. I wasn't expecting that, but it made me realize just how bad my bike handled before the True-Track.

Old 08-13-2012 | 07:55 PM
BMyers
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Donny
I noticed the biggest improvement in ordinary, every day, right or left hand turns. I wasn't expecting that, but it made me realize just how bad my bike handled before the True-Track.
I experienced the same thing felt tighter right away. I was surprised it affected slow around town turns.

Old 08-13-2012 | 08:41 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

i tried to take the "death wobble" out with a 300 dollar steering stabilizer. kinda works but still there when hitting imperfections of pavement in corners. do you think a true track and stabilizer will eliminate wobble?? i looked for a sputhe set up but haven't been able to find one that others have installed on dyna's.
i had a true track set up on my 08 street glide that was supposed to be the cure for wobble on that bike but was very disappointed in that product. but then again a bagger going 170kph is going to move around a bit haha.

Old 08-13-2012 | 08:50 PM
AussieTX
Tourer

I was thinking about getting this for my 11 Fxdb, after talking to the local Harley dealer they were saying it made an improvement, but not a $400 improvement and that it worked better on the older model dynas.
It's something I'm still about, but I'm not in a huge rush to go and get it

Old 08-13-2012 | 09:14 PM
Simple Man
Cruiser

Money well spent in my case. Beat the hell out of wasting money on chrome. Dealer isn't going to tell you to get one because they would be admitting Harley f'd up and they would rather you spend the money on clothes and accessories.

Old 08-13-2012 | 10:12 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

this is true simple man. the HD dealers always would rather sell you a bunch of useless chrome bits and and clothes. gotta take it all with a grain of salt. most of the guys at HD don't put the kind of miles on that qualify an informed opinion (IMO). that is why i like to ask as many others as possible and then make my own decision. i am just on the fence about how much moola i want to spend chasing down this prob.

Old 08-13-2012 | 10:23 PM
Sofakingkev
Cruiser

True track should be pre installed from get.. Best money i've spent on my WG so far.

Old 08-13-2012 | 10:43 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

i agree. harley needs to get with the program and realize that their suspension is lacking in the performance department. imo.

Quick Reply: True Track initial impressions