Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012 | 09:25 AM
DesertDyna
Road Captain

Originally Posted by ynots
You feel a wobble... I called it jelly fish'n LOl

The problem arises from the fact that the swing arm is mounted to a engine/transmission that is suspended in the frame with rubber mounts. This setup causes your rear tire to move independently from the frame. A stabilizer eliminates the lateral (side to side) movement of the engine enabling your rear tire to track better.

Getting rid of the stock suspension will also do wonders for handling in corners
+1 Those of use with older dynas get the most benefit. Also check motor mounts, as those dont seem to last very long before they weaken/fail.

Old 08-14-2012 | 09:27 AM
Johnsmithdavis
2nd Gear

Harley knows how to get your money you will never know what you get unless you ride it. I am confuse why they do not do extensive research on harmonics.Only the insurance companies can force them to do right by the customer. i guess to save my own life i will by true track.

Old 08-16-2012 | 08:11 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

Originally Posted by ynots

The problem arises from the fact that the swing arm is mounted to a engine/transmission that is suspended in the frame with rubber mounts. This setup causes your rear tire to move independently from the frame. A stabilizer eliminates the lateral (side to side) movement of the engine enabling your rear tire to track better
i totally agree. i got aftermarket front and rear suspension.
progressive rear and racetech springs and gold valves up front.
-on my 08 FLHX i installed a TT that mounted under the trans and to the side of swing arm pivot point at frame. it was supposed to fix the same problem of the rubber mount wobble and sort of did but not completely.
- my question is, the TT for dyna is mounted on the front of frame rails to motor mount? i am not sure how it will help the back end where the swing arm is hanging off the motor/trans. (same as my FLHX).

i guess i will have to just get a TT for my dyna and see what it can do.
thanks for the info fella's

Old 08-16-2012 | 10:53 PM
oldlefty
Tourer

so i see (after actually looking at the TT link) that the kit is a two piece deal. one for front and one for rear end. i think that will indeed make the correction to "jelly fishin". great name for it ynots. funny stuff.
i need me one of these for sure.

Old 08-16-2012 | 11:52 PM
Spiro Drummer
Tourer

True track was the best improvement to my bike's handling. Next up:Ricor intiminators

Old 08-17-2012 | 02:41 PM
richdeerht
Advanced

I've had a TT on my '07 Dyna for a few years now. Biggest change for me was I thought it smoothed out the bike. Handling got a little better, but I don't push the limits enough to really notice it.

Old 08-18-2012 | 02:00 AM
jmeiers
Road Warrior
Wink

Originally Posted by oldlefty
i agree. harley needs to get with the program and realize that their suspension is lacking in the performance department. imo.
As long as if you don't mind Harley to up the base price of your bike, they would be glad to help you out.

Old 08-18-2012 | 02:16 AM
Denny69
Road Captain

Do we get a hdforum discount from True Track?

Old 08-18-2012 | 10:03 AM
Donny
Road Captain

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeJeezy
I have to ask...

What are/were you guys feeling in turns that make your bike feel loose or unstable?
In tight turns, I always felt like i was going to dump the bike. part way through a turn, it would suddenly feel like I got a flat tire or something. I've been riding for 20 years, and never had this issue until I got a dyna.
The True-Track isn't going to cure every bit of flex the bike has, but it's definitely the best improvement I've made to my bike.

Old 08-19-2012 | 02:20 PM
clayman
Road Master

Trying to figure the wobble i got on mine out as well. 2010 wide glide, lowered front and back. Seems when i accelerate hard or if i hit a dip in the road or going into a corner fast the front end will start wobbling back and forth. Not sure if its the narrow front tire or what. I can induce the same effect if i push the handle bars back and forth while riding. Does this sound like an issue the true track will take care of? Thanks

Quick Reply: True Track initial impressions