Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

True Track initial impressions

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2012 | 10:53 PM
TheyCallMeJeezy
Intermediate

I have to ask...

What are/were you guys feeling in turns that make your bike feel loose or unstable? I've only been riding for about 5 years...first on an '04 883 and now on an '06 FXD... but I always feel pretty good in my turns and cornering.

Is it similar to over/understeer or is the engine vibrations pulling the bike?

Old 08-13-2012 | 10:59 PM
Denny69
Road Captain

I'm saving up for one. These darn kids and grandkids don't make it easy though. Just when I think I'm saving some money something happens. Had to give my daughter $285 to get her car out of impound yesterday so it's back to the drawing board.

Old 08-13-2012 | 11:50 PM
HYPR
Road Master

For my FXDF it cured the tendency to rear steer and wobble the bike would do on a down grade increasing radius turn. It also made the bike firmer and more stable allowing me to enter turns faster and braking much later.
The one thing it did not cure was the Fat Bob tank slapped at 35-45 MPH when you let go of the handle bars. I headed to the dealer who tightened up the fall away, reset the alignment, and reset the rear shocks both of which stabilized the bike even more however that 35-45 MPH is still there. The dealer tech indicated this is attributed to the front Dunlap tire and actually showed me some tell tail wear signs that should not be there on a bike with only 2000 miles on it. Unfortunately Dunlap does not warranty the tires.

In short the True Track works as advertised.
Bob

Old 08-14-2012 | 12:36 AM
oldlefty
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeJeezy
I have to ask...

What are/were you guys feeling in turns that make your bike feel loose or unstable? I've only been riding for about 5 years...first on an '04 883 and now on an '06 FXD... but I always feel pretty good in my turns and cornering.

on my dyna, at high speeds, cornering at 140-160kph it gets a wobble that starts when hitting bumps in the road. starts from rear to front or front to rear and bounces with side to side wobble. very dangerous. this is only once and a while with the perfect bump to start it off but happens at least once a trip out. usual rides for me are 500 to 1000kms a day. so on average it doesn't happen all that much but it makes me angry non the less.

i am not the best rider out there but i like to push the envelope from time to time. 14 years seat time on HD's now. one deer kill so far

Old 08-14-2012 | 12:37 AM
oldlefty
Tourer

I have to ask...

on my dyna, at high speeds, cornering at 140-160kph it gets a wobble that starts when hitting bumps in the road. starts from rear to front or front to rear and bounces with side to side wobble. very dangerous. this is only once and a while with the perfect bump to start it off but happens at least once a trip out. usual rides for me are 500 to 1000kms a day. so on average it doesn't happen all that much but it makes me angry non the less. problem is, i expect it to handle like a ducati but prefer dyna's.
i am not the best rider out there but i like to push the envelope from time to time. 14 years seat time on HD's now. one deer kill so far

Old 08-14-2012 | 05:39 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member

I have to ask...

You feel a wobble... I called it jelly fish'n LOl

The problem arises from the fact that the swing arm is mounted to a engine/transmission that is suspended in the frame with rubber mounts. This setup causes your rear tire to move independently from the frame. A stabilizer eliminates the lateral (side to side) movement of the engine enabling your rear tire to track better.

Getting rid of the stock suspension will also do wonders for handling in corners

Last edited by ynots; 08-14-2012 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-14-2012 | 07:48 AM
BMyers
|
Road Master

I am curious to see how much this will help in cross wind. The bike always felt like riding on low tires when getting blown around.

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:32 AM
peter deering
Cruiser

well lefty ive been riding 30plus years and i'd have to agree with you, speed wobbles at 160 kph is not a laughing matter. Soon going back to work in the arctic therfore i will be ordering the true track and installing this spring. Meanwhile keep the rubber side down guys

Old 08-14-2012 | 08:34 AM
Sofakingkev
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BMyers
I am curious to see how much this will help in cross wind. The bike always felt like riding on low tires when getting blown around.
It firms that up too. With crosswinds at just 70mph, my bike used to not be able to hold a line, but now even at 90+ it tracks beautifully.

Old 08-14-2012 | 09:00 AM
BMyers
|
Road Master

Originally Posted by Sofakingkev
It firms that up too. With crosswinds at just 70mph, my bike used to not be able to hold a line, but now even at 90+ it tracks beautifully.
Good, I never really liked the wet noodle feel. especially passing on the interstate

Quick Reply: True Track initial impressions