Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Changed grips screwy throttle

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 03:15 AM
Nach
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Changed grips screwy throttle

[sm=feedback.gif]Hey guys looking for some help here. I just put new grips and switch housing on my dyna, and new throttle sleeve. Now the throttle return is realy slow and doesnt go all the way back. The new throttle sleeve is open in the middle between the two ferrules and on the old one you had to slide the ferrul in. Anybody been here??

Old 01-20-2007, 03:29 AM
jaxdwg
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
Default RE: Changed grips screwy throttle

Yep; go down to the carb/throttle body and put the return cable back on the rotator sheave, the bottom end of the cable probably fell out of place. Next time get a couple pairs of hemostats and clamp the cables in the taught position at the grip so the bottom won't come out when changing cables on the grip, don't ask how I know----jack

Old 01-20-2007, 03:40 AM
Nach
Cruiser

Jack, could you clarify a little bit more as its colder than **** and I dont want to kill a lot of time when I go back out

Old 01-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Nach
Cruiser

seen what you where talking about and that wasnt it. Seems like its something to do with the angle that the switch housing is sitting on the bar, How could such a simple job go south and take so long [sm=helpout.gif]

Old 01-20-2007, 05:54 AM
Timmer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: Nach

[sm=feedback.gif]Hey guys looking for some help here. I just put new grips and switch housing on my dyna, and new throttle sleeve. Now the throttle return is realy slow and doesnt go all the way back. The new throttle sleeve is open in the middle between the two ferrules and on the old one you had to slide the ferrul in. Anybody been here??
Your SUPPOSE to slide the ferrule in, your right Nach or you can just lose one of the M^&*$R F*&^@ & S like I did.

Jack, could you clarify a little bit more as its colder than **** and I dont want to kill a lot of time when I go back out
No chit it's cold out, see above, that's why I lost one of these little prixs![:@][:@]

Thanks for the tip Jack, I know before this is all finished I'll need to use it! Timmer

Old 01-20-2007, 11:36 AM
steelcowboy
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine does the same thing the throttle doesn't return o the full close if you just let it go I've checked and rechecked and rechecked the routing the tension I even tried a bit of lithium grease in the sleeve hoping that would fix it. I'm chalking it up to something with the replacement cables I used.

Old 01-20-2007, 12:32 PM
Nach
Cruiser

Bump

Old 01-20-2007, 03:03 PM
Nach
Cruiser

Jaxdawg, Man I looked last nigt with the A/C cover still on and thought that it was all good. Today with it a little warmer and my head cleared I decided to take the A/C cover and all off. Shure enough the idle cable had a bracket that it had slid out of ever so slightly, pushed it with my fingers ( not even hard at all) worked the throttle and presto. With the bars turned hard right it doesnt snap back like it does everywhere else but I think it was like that before??????Thanks for your help man. Well its a little warmer out so I think I might go for a cruise and see if new grips are more comfy.
[sm=biker2.gif]

Old 01-20-2007, 03:28 PM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior

I'll be doing this project before long, everybody get your help replies ready.

Old 01-20-2007, 08:23 PM
Alaska Bobber
Road Captain

PICTURES should be a requirement for all initial post's.

Quick Reply: Changed grips screwy throttle