Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laid my bike down today due to driver with head stuck in there rear.

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2012, 03:06 PM
Spud17
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Laid my bike down today due to driver with head stuck in there rear.

I was on my way home from work, I was to blocks away from my house when I see a car flying down a side street. I either had to eat the side of the car or lay my bike down. Another driver stopped to help me pick my bike up and he said that car almost hit him also. I'm ok besides the road rash and bike doesnt appear as bad as I thought it was going to be had to bend the shifter leaver to ride it home.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Stiggy
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,818 Likes on 3,172 Posts

You can stop quicker "laying it down"? Did you lock up the rear wheel? (That would put the bike down.)

Seems that the tires on the pavement would have stopped you quicker. Use more front brake next time.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:12 PM
davidc
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

You had more control with your bike on its side than u did on 2 wheels? Glad ur ok, and bike isn't that bad.... I just don't get the laying it down thing...

Old 08-11-2012, 04:59 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Glad you are OK. Just say it like it is, you didn't have to "lay it down", you crashed.

Old 08-11-2012, 05:00 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Sux, but glad you're OK...hope the crazy cage gets their due...

Old 08-11-2012, 05:28 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I almost laid my bike down like that once, I learned not to do that again. Hope ya heal up fast

Old 08-11-2012, 06:20 PM
Spud17
Road Captain

Well yes I crashed not layied it down and I was using the front brake and it locked up, I don't know if there was gravel or sand on the road but the front tire came out from underneath it.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:41 PM
AlFoley
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Definitely sux that you had to "lay down/crash" your bike, either way is good that damage is minimal and your OK except for some scapes. What happened to the cager whom created the problem, since you had a witness were the police called, maybe it might get that fool to change his ways.

Old 08-11-2012, 06:58 PM
02fx4dude
Road Master
Received 266 Likes on 138 Posts

That sucks, but the fact you could ride the bike home is good.

Old 08-12-2012, 01:14 AM
Spud17
Road Captain

Originally Posted by AlFoley
Definitely sux that you had to "lay down/crash" your bike, either way is good that damage is minimal and your OK except for some scapes. What happened to the cager whom created the problem, since you had a witness were the police called, maybe it might get that fool to change his ways.
Well I called the police station and gave them location and my address, told them I had a witness. Gave them exact make and model of the car and color and direction of travel. Dispatch asked if I could describe the driver, I told them no they were going to fast and I was busy crashing. They said they would let squad cars now and have them drive over there. I decided to drive around in my truck and look for the car. I actually found it at a truck stop/ dinner. So I called them back and gave the cars location and plate number. I never once saw a cop car, my gf never heard anything over the scanner and they never contacted me.

Quick Reply: Laid my bike down today due to driver with head stuck in there rear.