Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012 | 04:29 PM
markeejay
Tourer
Default Here's a UK story

Bought the streetbob brand new in 2006, after seeing it a the bike show in B'ham

Then changed the bars, pipes, shocks, seat - this was the first set of mods

Powder coated most of the bright work and painted the reflectors in the indicators black

Took bike of the road for the winter and made friends with a small engineering firm who performed mechanical magic

Cut off the rear rails, just behind shock mounts, custom triple trees, custom wheels both 18x5.75 running 200/55/18's, mounted the rear fender to the swing arm to keep clearance to a minimum and added a pan style seat

Then had it all powder coated a lovely shade of satin black to match the black denim

Just added the Vance and Hinds naked air cleaner

Plans for this winter new bars, EFM auto clutch, jockey shift, internal throttle, move front brake to gear lever and new indicators and a 59 Cadillac taillight

Old 08-26-2012 | 07:12 PM
CombatMedic
Advanced

Originally Posted by OldTyme
CombatMedic: I was just scrolling through & one pic caught my eye.....I thought there were training wheels on the bike.

K. The reason I'm posting. What kind of bars & risers are these? Can the bars be adjusted back to be a little less "draggy"? Did you not like them & changed them?(why?)
No making fun of my training wheels!!

The bars and risers are off of a Fat Bob. As far as adjustment, all that can be done is rotating the bars in the risers to change the angle a bit...mine are set up where it was comfortable.

I didn't like the baby apes that came on it, was a comfort and handling thing. Too many years on sportbikes has caused brain damage.

Old 08-26-2012 | 08:33 PM
freddyttt
Road Warrior

nothing to crazy...

no bags shield. moved turns and smoked em. raised the tank. big sucker no more football filter. no more reflectors on forks.

Last edited by freddyttt; 08-26-2012 at 08:35 PM.
Old 08-27-2012 | 01:01 AM
Craigmier
Tourer

Originally Posted by markeejay
Bought the streetbob brand new in 2006, after seeing it a the bike show in B'ham

Then changed the bars, pipes, shocks, seat - this was the first set of mods

Powder coated most of the bright work and painted the reflectors in the indicators black

Took bike of the road for the winter and made friends with a small engineering firm who performed mechanical magic

Cut off the rear rails, just behind shock mounts, custom triple trees, custom wheels both 18x5.75 running 200/55/18's, mounted the rear fender to the swing arm to keep clearance to a minimum and added a pan style seat

Then had it all powder coated a lovely shade of satin black to match the black denim

Just added the Vance and Hinds naked air cleaner

Plans for this winter new bars, EFM auto clutch, jockey shift, internal throttle, move front brake to gear lever and new indicators and a 59 Cadillac taillight
Love it, especially the rear fender and front tire being so fat. How does it handle?
What bars you thinking?

Old 08-27-2012 | 10:09 AM
HD Bobber
Elite HDF Member

Wow man that looks awesome!

Nice work!!!

Old 08-27-2012 | 11:23 AM
KungPowMinchow
Tourer

the day i brought her home 8-24-10

8-26-12

Old 08-28-2012 | 12:44 PM
Sunset666
Intermediate
Default From Colombia

Want to play too.

Just as picked up

With backrest and kinda new seat

New headlamp, turn signals

Forced new paint job

Almost there, seat, tank, dash, pipes, powdercoat, chrome

Attached Thumbnails Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna-img_0545.jpg   Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna-img_0609.jpg   Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna-img_0653.jpg   Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna-img_0681.jpg  
Old 08-29-2012 | 05:20 AM
markeejay
Tourer

Originally Posted by Craigmier
Love it, especially the rear fender and front tire being so fat. How does it handle?
What bars you thinking?
Going with some custom made 40's style bars - bought some Hollywood bars like the look just not wide enough.

Similar to these but without the rise flat and curved

Old 08-29-2012 | 07:05 AM
stbobshadow
Cruiser
Old 08-29-2012 | 12:10 PM
JRK5892
Banned

SUNSET I LOVE THAT STRETCHED TANK!!!! you still have that!?

Quick Reply: Post pics of the evolution of your Dyna