Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

wheel bearing tool

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 08:08 PM
brown dawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheel bearing tool

dont want to sound like im promoting but if anyone is on the fence about getting a wheel bearing installer/removal tool i bought the one off amazon i think it was like 99.00 not sure of the part# but its on there it worked actually better than expected and the quality is good plus the price is way better than the harley tool so if u dont feel like or know how to make one from one rider/mechanic to another i would buy this one again this is just my own opinion

Old 08-08-2012, 08:12 PM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

How about a link so we know what it is you are talking about?

Old 08-08-2012, 08:37 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

think i will keep using a socket to put it in and a punch to take them out

Old 08-08-2012, 08:43 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by brown dawg
dont want to sound like im promoting but if anyone is on the fence about getting a wheel bearing installer/removal tool i bought the one off amazon i think it was like 99.00 not sure of the part# but its on there it worked actually better than expected and the quality is good plus the price is way better than the harley tool so if u dont feel like or know how to make one from one rider/mechanic to another i would buy this one again this is just my own opinion

$99.00? Dang, you got ripped. I bought the one in the link when it first came available and it has worked flawlessly. I have used it numerous times and have loaned it out 14 times and it's still going strong. I used a 20% off coupon on top of the $44.00 price tag.
http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-h...ler-95987.html

Old 08-08-2012, 08:47 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
$99.00? Dang, you got ripped. I bought the one in the link when it first came available and it has worked flawlessly. I have used it numerous times and have loaned it out 14 times and it's still going strong. I used a 20% off coupon on top of the $44.00 price tag.
http://www.harborfreight.com/blind-h...ler-95987.html
thats my cam bearing puller

Old 08-08-2012, 08:49 PM
SuperFastGlide
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

the one on amazon is a copy of the jims and harley tool.... it pulls the bearings, rather than hammer them... its the proper tool for the job..has worked flawlessly for me.. I paid way to much for my wheels to beat on them lol...

Old 08-08-2012, 08:56 PM
ghostrider69
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SuperFastGlide
the one on amazon is a copy of the jims and harley tool.... it pulls the bearings, rather than hammer them... its the proper tool for the job..has worked flawlessly for me.. I paid way to much for my wheels to beat on them lol...
Good point but I don't see how you would beat on a wheel using a blind hole puller. It grabs behind the bearing and you just bump it out with the slide hammer. But then again, if someone has no idea how to use it then I guess I could see them beating up their wheels. Those are the kind of people that are better off paying someone to do it for them.

Apology: I forgot it is also an installation tool. So, $100.00 is a great deal.

Last edited by ghostrider69; 08-08-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

Originally Posted by ghostrider69
Good point but I don't see how you would beat on a wheel using a blind hole puller. It grabs behind the bearing and you just bump it out with the slide hammer. But then again, if someone has no idea how to use it then I guess I could see them beating up their wheels. Those are the kind of people that are better off paying someone to do it for them.
if you freeze them with freon they can almost be pulled out with fingers

Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 PM
sonnydaze
Road Master

and i put them in deep freeze so the slide right in

Old 08-08-2012, 09:26 PM
brown dawg
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it was actually 89.99 and i signed up for the amazon card and got an instant 30.oo off so technically i paid 59.99 i thought it was a good deal some might not i was just posting this to help so go ahead and hit them in with a socket or whatever works for you but if you want the tool and dont want to pay the big harley price then this is the exact same thing and i dont know how to do that whole link thing just google (harley davidson wheel bearing installation removal tool) by the way before someone knocks me for getting their card i already cancelled it and cut it up

Quick Reply: wheel bearing tool