Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T Bar recommendations please!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2012, 07:21 PM
Divinitus
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T Bar recommendations please!

I am torn between 10'' and 12'' Westcoast Street Bob T Bars. I have the factory 12'' apes on my bike and my hand height is in perfect harmony with my shoulders. I'm 6', but I don't think that matters because for my height my stock bars should be too low based on what most people seem to find comfortable.

I've looked at pics of 12'' t bars on bikes with shorter riders, but then when I sit on my bike the stock bar height seems great...I'm just worried 10'' is too short.

My questions is, i thought I read here once that a 10'' t bar is really the same grip height as the 12'' stock street bob bars. So in theory the 12'' t bars would position my hands higher than they sit now right?

Ultimately, I want to pair them up with a Ness fairing and keep my stock turn signal location and I will be switching to a C&C fastback, which may lower me a bit in the saddle.

What do you guys think? Any insight on this would be great as I'm ready to order, but unsure on what size to order!

Old 08-08-2012, 07:24 PM
Ncdyna925
Advanced

My thoughts are stay clear away from west coast t bars there product may be the best but their service is by farrrrrr the worst there ever has been. There is a lot of people I know that had a terrible time with the, including myself. I have a thread posted about them a couple down from your thread on here. Some guy in my thread talks about south east custom t bars and how they were great to deal with and there bars look really good too. Check out my thread though

Old 08-08-2012, 07:37 PM
Divinitus
Cruiser

Will do.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:38 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Everyone I've ever heard from has had an excellent time dealing with them. It's not coming from some factory in Japan so it takes a little bit of time to make the product, powdercoat and ship out but it's worth it. Top notch product and great service.

They goofed and sent me the wrong size, rushed me new bars and got them 2 days later. I still actually had the wrong ones in my possession while those were sent. Scott said get them back when I can. I didn't have to do the normal ship back, wait for return shipping BS. Honestly, I probably could have gotten away with keeping them, but I don't want someone with HA buddies to have anything against me haha.

Old 08-08-2012, 07:46 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

theres nothing wrong with WC t-bars. i had no problem dealing with them. as mentioned above, they are USA made in Hayward, CA in a smaller shop. I put the 10" SB bars on mine and they are great. didnt have to get any new cables or wire. the 10" bars put your hands about the same hight as the stock bob bars so im very happy where my hands ended up.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:03 PM
Divinitus
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Mike650
theres nothing wrong with WC t-bars. i had no problem dealing with them. as mentioned above, they are USA made in Hayward, CA in a smaller shop. I put the 10" SB bars on mine and they are great. didnt have to get any new cables or wire. the 10" bars put your hands about the same hight as the stock bob bars so im very happy where my hands ended up.
Thanks for this. I'm trying to figure out what puts my hands in a position about the same, but no lower than the stock bars.

Also considering the Bungking gusseted street bob t bars. There a bit wider, but with the fairing I think they'll still accomplish what I'm going for.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:45 PM
Mike650
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i looked at those too, but didnt like how wide they go. plus i was more interested in the MX bars and am glad i went with WC tbars.

Old 08-08-2012, 09:53 PM
max3099
Intermediate

I'm going to go with the Bungking bars myself just for the adjustability. And there has been a few threads with WC Bars having communication or site issues. The product is still top notch according to anyone that has them.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:03 PM
dastick
Cruiser

I have the 10" west coast tbars, c&c fastback seat on my '06 street bob, and I am 6' and I love the position. I have photos on here somewhere of me on the bike to give you an idea of the position, but don't have time to find them right now.

I had no problems dealing with Scott at west coast tbars and found the service to be awesome, especially since it was an out of Country order which has caused me grief dealing with other company's.

Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

I had 10" WCTBs and switched to a 9" riser/pro taper set up. Mine are right at 12" now with the height from the bar rise. I would go 12s. I only changed to the pro tapers because I have some weird **** going on with my wrist and hands and needed to be able to adjust the bar.

Quick Reply: T Bar recommendations please!