Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2007, 01:29 AM
07fxdb
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

who cares what it's called. I just say it's a Harley, then, a Dyna, as opposed to a Sportster or Touring model.That usually satisfies most inquiries.Then, I do mods to fit me and what I want to do. Just a simple plain motorcycle.

Old 01-20-2007, 04:21 PM
akflyer
Advanced

Since I took the badges and stock ac cover off mine I get more "what is it" questions. I just say it's an '07 Dyna.

[IMG]local://upfiles/15755/221B4A51EA6E49E899739AA0CB5AF9E3.jpg[/IMG]

Old 01-21-2007, 09:39 AM
kpreese
Road Captain

ORIGINAL: haksaw
by that definition then sportsters are more of a bobber than dynas...I still think its the dumbest name in history for a factory model. Fact remains a factory bobber is an oxymoron. It can't exist. I fail to see how the street bob is a bobber since t's hardly any different than any of the other dynas.The fact the moco left off the rear footpegs? Maybe chevy will start making the side windows on their malibu's an option and call it the 'nascar edition'
I still think the 'bob' is a great bike (hell, I bought one) but imo it'sa dumb name aimed at OCC viewers.

Nice job on your bike kpreese. Have you been able to put some miles on that front end yet?
Yeah, that was my point, early bobbers were pre-Sportster too. I think most of those guys were just looking for something that wasn't on the market yet (or were doing their best with older bikes they could afford). My point was that the Street Bob is true to the INTENT of a bobber even if the style and method are a bit off.

It's definitely NOT a bobber and I've said that on here myself before. But frankly, Idon't thinkthe name isany dumber than any other model names.At least they called it a Street Bob, NOT Street Bobber. It is a stripped down Harley and I guess they are saying it is "inspired by" bobbers in that they didn't load it down with extra junk. You could make a similar claim about any of the Dynas too, BUT theymade some styling changes that were also "inspired by" bobbers. Wide Glide has the wrong look to the rear fender,WG andLowrider havetoo much rake, SG Customand Lowrider aretoo pretty, SG Custom and SG don't have a traditional dash either.

I would HATE "Street Bobber", but "Street Bob" suggests the "inspired by" aspect of it so it just doesn't bother me. When asked, I usually say "They call it a Street Bob, it's in the Dyna family".

The springer is riding great! I only have about 1500 miles on it, been working too hard lately but the weather is awesome now so I need to get more riding in.

Kevin