Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 11:20 AM
but Ill try 2 try
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: ebay bike-true Harley bobber?

I've always like the name Street Bob.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:38 AM
glenprice25401
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

okay, so i've gotta ask... what did they have to do in order to put a springer front end on it. I see where JPCycles has a springer front end (with a shock) that looks sweet... but how do you get that sucker on a dyna???

glen

Old 01-19-2007, 01:10 PM
haksaw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: Bear64

Hacksaw your so right, most people would not know a real bobber if it rode into bike nite..
LOL that'd be funny if it wasn't so true

Old 01-19-2007, 05:52 PM
SPECIAL ED
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

OK it's a nice bike but's it's not much more of a bobber than the street bob, and yes that is a dumb name for a motorcycle.All of the real bobbers I,ve seen have no front fender and a chopped down rear fender.That's what makes them bobbers, not ape hangers,, not flat black paint,, but the fact that stuff has actually been cut,.. "bobbed" off of them.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:02 PM
badherb
Road Captain

its a nice looking bike.... he didn't have to dis a the moco though.

Old 01-19-2007, 06:04 PM
boogiewithtuck
Road Warrior

I'm w/ u Hacksaw - refer to mine as a Dyna. At least they put the right tank emblems on it, IMO, of course!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:13 PM
kpreese
Road Captain

It ain't how you got there, it is the finished product that matters. If you want a lighter bike, there is no need to buy a Heritage and bob the fenders and throw away a bunch of unnecessary stuff because now they make bikes like the Dynas.

Heck,frame-up customs arehardly bobbed bikes either if your definition is based on how you got where you are. Most of the custom bobbers built today go beyond the original bobbers anyway, a bit extreme. In my opinion, any Dyna is in the spirit of the early bobbers: a lighter, faster, better handling machine that LOOKS like a machine instead of a sheet metal sculpture with swoopy fenders. I personally don't mind that they used the name. The label fits better than it fits a lot of high dollar customs that claim to be bobbers with no-where-near-stock looking frames, tanks, etc.

Kevin

Old 01-19-2007, 09:02 PM
clayman
Road Master

Amen Kpreese, most intelligent thing said so far.

Old 01-19-2007, 11:06 PM
Basic
Road Captain

I think I've seen one of those Bobber things around....I swear my riding buddy has one. I know my Harley is just a customized Harley.

Old 01-20-2007, 01:19 AM
haksaw
Road Master

ORIGINAL: kpreese

It ain't how you got there, it is the finished product that matters. If you want a lighter bike, there is no need to buy a Heritage and bob the fenders and throw away a bunch of unnecessary stuff because now they make bikes like the Dynas.

Heck,frame-up customs arehardly bobbed bikes either if your definition is based on how you got where you are. Most of the custom bobbers built today go beyond the original bobbers anyway, a bit extreme. In my opinion, any Dyna is in the spirit of the early bobbers: a lighter, faster, better handling machine that LOOKS like a machine instead of a sheet metal sculpture with swoopy fenders. I personally don't mind that they used the name. The label fits better than it fits a lot of high dollar customs that claim to be bobbers with no-where-near-stock looking frames, tanks, etc.

Kevin
by that definition then sportsters are more of a bobber than dynas...I still think its the dumbest name in history for a factory model. Fact remains a factory bobber is an oxymoron. It can't exist. I fail to see how the street bob is a bobber since t's hardly any different than any of the other dynas.The fact the moco left off the rear footpegs? Maybe chevy will start making the side windows on their malibu's an option and call it the 'nascar edition'
I still think the 'bob' is a great bike (hell, I bought one) but imo it'sa dumb name aimed at OCC viewers.

Nice job on your bike kpreese. Have you been able to put some miles on that front end yet?

Quick Reply: ebay bike-true Harley bobber?