Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 01:02 PM
mitchkeller87
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throttle Lock

I bought an aftermarket throttle lock for my 2012 dyna and the installation sounds like a giant pain in the butt. While doing some research I found that my bike comes with a throttle lock already and you have to turn it **** to activate it. I have heard the OEM one is a pain to get working. Just wonder who uses the OEM one or who uses the aftermarket one. I currently have one from cruise-mate waiting to be installed.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:20 PM
JeffKill
Tourer

I use the OEM with a dr cruise throttle lock attachment. Works good.

http://www.drcruize.com/

You can find them cheaper on ebay.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:22 PM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The OEM one is under your right hand. you have to reach under with your left and tighten that little black star shaped wheel in motion, which is do-able but I rarely use it. Make sure you loosen it to resume cruising speedand remember if you have to slow down in a hurry you have to manually turn the throttle down. It is really just screw that holds the throttle at any particular position of your choosing.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:23 PM
dyna rider
Club Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Default Throttle Lock

I had a paddle extension on my bike but took it off. You have to pretension the throttle before installation so there is always a little drag on the hand grip even when it is disengaged. If you don't use the throttle paddle, your hand gets tired fighting the tension on the grip.I now use the star wheel without the paddle and can reach down with my thumb and set it up. I find it's just easier on my hand on long trips...Just be careful to set it so you can roll off the throttle quickly in a panic stop.

Old 08-03-2012, 06:45 PM
TomboAT65
Tourer
Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

That dr. Cruise thing looks cool. But I just set mine up so it's loose and I can tighten it with my thumb while riding.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:16 PM
p51bombay
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

$20 for a piece of plastic that should cost $3.95?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:25 PM
checkers
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 276 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
$20 for a piece of plastic that should cost $3.95?
And worth it's weight in gold!

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 PM
6cwayne
Stage III

I installed the Cruise-Mate on my 2012 FLD about 6 weeks ago. Best money I have ever spent on a bike. Don't know what I would do without it now. Installation was not difficult at all once I had found the right drill and tap (both available at Sears). Set up once installed was easy. Total work time was probably about an hour, which included removing the switch housing.
Operation of the lever is via a flick of the thumb to engage and a flick of the index finger to disengage. Properly set up it is easy to adjust the throttle (for hills/quick stops/etc.) without having to disengage the lock.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:07 PM
biketroll
Tourer

I put the cruise mate on my ride this spring and I love it.If you follow the instructions its not bad and works good.dont be scared.!

Old 08-03-2012, 09:17 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Been using one of these on all of my bikes since it became available. Works great and you don't have to fool with the star lock....dd50 tomp http://www.2wheelride.com/throttle_pro.html

Quick Reply: Throttle Lock