Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Throttle Lock

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:52 PM
FLD4sure
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I use the GoCruise. Under $20 and works great.

http://www.thecycleguys.com/go-cruis...ttle-assist-1/

Bill
Phoenix,AZ

Old 08-04-2012, 01:20 AM
hboat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the GoCruise...I love mine.

Wish I would've invented it...

Old 08-04-2012, 06:14 AM
11bDad
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Throttle Mate. Can't beat it for the price & it works.
http://www.throttlemate.com/

Old 08-04-2012, 09:30 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
The OEM one is under your right hand. you have to reach under with your left and tighten that little black star shaped wheel in motion, which is do-able but I rarely use it. Make sure you loosen it to resume cruising speedand remember if you have to slow down in a hurry you have to manually turn the throttle down. It is really just screw that holds the throttle at any particular position of your choosing.
You can also just use your right thumb to set it, at least that's the way mine works. I use mine constantly with no problems. A real cruise control would be kinda nice, but also just one more thing to crap-out.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:33 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
$20 for a piece of plastic that should cost $3.95?
It gots velcro too!

Old 08-04-2012, 09:35 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by jpooch00
You can also just use your right thumb to set it, at least that's the way mine works. I use mine constantly with no problems. A real cruise control would be kinda nice, but also just one more thing to crap-out.
Never tried with the thumb, but I will. And agree that any extra gizmo is just more **** to maintain, let alone install n stuff.

Old 08-04-2012, 05:03 PM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by maddghost
Never tried with the thumb, but I will. And agree that any extra gizmo is just more **** to maintain, let alone install n stuff.
Yeah, using your thumb works great & once you get used to it, you don't even think about it.

Personally, I'm not sure I'd even like real cruise control on a bike. Never rode one that had it. But that's just me, to each his own.

Ride safe.

Old 08-04-2012, 06:24 PM
Ratbob
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I rode with a throttle mate for about 2 years, till it fell off on the way to Idaho. Installation was easy, just one locking screw that holds it to the star nut but I could never get it to work really well. It was either too tight or too loose.
I put the cruse-mate on a couple of weeks ago and man what a difference. What makes the cruse-mate so much better is the lower thread count on the actuator mechanism, so that you get more vertical travel on the friction pad. Now a quarter turn goes from no friction to no slip even with the throttle barely cracked open. The cruse-mate lever also is a lot lower than the throttle mate. Now I never accidentally engage the throttle lock when I grab the grip.
Installation is a little screwy with the cruise-mate. The alignment guide for drilling and tapping the new hole did not match the contours my Dyna switch housing. I had to remove a bunch of material on one side, and use a couple of cut lengths of tie-wrap between the forward end of the switch housing and alignment block. Once I got the alignment block in place the rest was cake.

Old 08-05-2012, 12:15 AM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Cruisemate here... Install was not difficult and it works as advertised. No problems with it.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:20 AM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by p51bombay
$20 for a piece of plastic that should cost $3.95?
How about a polished aluminum one with a stainless steel set screw that does the same thing for less than $20.00 shipped?

eBay

Attached Thumbnails Throttle Lock-throttlelocklever.jpg  

Quick Reply: Throttle Lock