Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

dyna seat selection

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
Wide06
Tourer
Received 43 Likes on 33 Posts
Default dyna seat selection

I was looking at the customizer on the HD site, and thought a sundowner seat may not be what I expected. being a "deep bucket seat", I figured it would position the rider farther back, but it does not appear so. on the images, it looks like it sits you up and forward. anyone have the seat who can compare to stock?

I want a seat to sit me down and back from stock. I will likely have mine customized, but Iwas wondering if any of the HD seats did this.

Old 01-18-2007, 04:56 PM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: dyna seat selection

the sundowner doesn't really push you forward. I tried one out on my WG and it was just about the same position as stock. However, I didn't particularly like the way it looked on a WG. It was a little big...and the passenger section looked a little out of place. It was a comfortable seat, however. That said....if you want a comfy seat that will put you back (and down slightly), get a sidekick or a rallyrunner. I got the sidekick...it's not as couch-like as a sundowner...but it does provide plenty of back support, and it definitely puts you back more. I love it...can ride all day on it.
The tallboy might also be an option if you want something more similar to the sundowner..but like I said...I, personally, didn't really like the way it looked. Of course, that's just my opinion.

Todd

Old 01-18-2007, 07:25 PM
Wide06
Tourer

yeah, the look was to be desired as well....i hoped someone would say that it was too big for the bike....sure looked it in the pics.

would the sidekick be more comfy on a long trip than the rallyrunner? do they both position the rider similarly??

Old 01-18-2007, 09:39 PM
Nach
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Some of the guys on thissite talked me into mine as I was looking for a comfy seat for me and the wife. One thing about it helps you keep your positioning on the bike better, and is a hell of alot more comfy. I didnt like the looks at first but its really starting to grow on me.As for it sitting you back your right it feels like Im a little more forward, but it also feels like Im a little lower, or deeper in the seat. After putting it on I also notice that my feet feel more stable on the highway pegs, I guess it just depend on the persons height and what not too.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:47 PM
Wide06
Tourer

that's the rallyrunner on your bike, right?? the pic in your avatar is kinda small.
and it feels more forward?? i don't like that idea.

Old 01-18-2007, 11:49 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

BADLANDER!

Old 01-18-2007, 11:50 PM
HDWG
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Surprisingly more comfy than it looks

Old 01-19-2007, 12:04 AM
KeithB
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i use a Mustang Custom Square back. Very nice seat

Old 01-19-2007, 12:37 AM
Ratbasturd
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SE Dyna...

Old 01-19-2007, 04:57 AM
veniculum
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nach already gave his opinion on the sundowner...and I would agree with his post...now my opinion of the other seats posted here...and once again..it's only my opinion..but I did spend quite a bit of time selecting seats for my wide glide.

The mustang seat is, well, a mustang..they're amazing...they're the most comfortable seats I've ever owned...but they, too, aren't the most aesthetically pleasing...especially on a wide glide...some are better than others...and if someone has one on their wide glide, I'd love to see pics. Unfortunately, when I was shopping around for a seat, Mustang didn't have seats available yet for 06 dynas. Of course, they were available a few weeks after I got my HD seat...oh well.

The badlander..looks fantastic on a wide glide...and as HDWG said...more comfy than it looks..but still...there's just not enough back support...at least not for my (bad) back

The SE dyna - see badlander

I forgot to mention in my last post....I also own the dyna "pillow-look" seat. It offers nearly the same support as a sundowner...and it looks a little more natural on a wide glide...after all...those seats were the stock style seat for many years on wide glides. Still...that seat definitely puts you closer to the bars..at least the same as stock. You can check my photo album...there's pictures of both the sidekick and the pillow-look on my bike.

I still say...get the sidekick...it offers the looks of the SE dyna/badlander...and offers more back support than those. Bottom line...it's just like anything..you give up one for another...if you want more comfort, you are going to give up some style..and visa versa.
Just my .02

Todd

Quick Reply: dyna seat selection