Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Love mine.

Last edited by Hogpro; 12-31-2012 at 06:49 PM.
Old 12-31-2012, 09:57 PM
srosa707
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The inside strut bolt was a buttonhead hex bolt. I couldnt fit the hex socket inside to get it off.

Old 01-16-2013, 04:58 PM
emerican19
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 33 Posts

Bags came yesterday, super quick, easy install. Just wanted to give props on an awesome product. Everyone boasts how good they are and they're even better than I expected. I pictured a softer backpack-ish material in my head, but these things are solid and rugged and can definitely handle abuse. Got my fairing lifted, rear signals gone and tail light wired up w/integrated signals. The bike finally feels dialed and ready for anything. Thanks Garry!

Old 01-18-2013, 01:54 AM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The black on my top buttons are peeling off, and the leather is starting to wrinkle a little. Other than that I'm happy

Old 01-30-2013, 11:51 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Just thought I'd put a note here, we now have these bags on our website, so for those of you who have them and are asked by people where to get them, you can just tell them leatherpros.com.

Thanks again guys
Garry

Old 01-30-2013, 12:05 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 87 Likes on 72 Posts

Can't wait to get mine. They look great!

Old 02-04-2013, 06:51 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Hey Gary...what material did you use for these bags? Nylon or poly? Curdura? What denier?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:30 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_natural78
Hey Gary...what material did you use for these bags? Nylon or poly? Curdura? What denier?
It is 1080 denier Cordura. The product description for it says "a water resistant fabric with excellent resistance to scuffing and pilling. It stands up to demanding use and has long-lasting colorfastness."

When I was checking out what fabric to use, I asked my sales rep what would be the heaviest, and best for these saddlebags and this material is what was suggested.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 02-06-2013, 11:15 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
It is 1080 denier Cordura. The product description for it says "a water resistant fabric with excellent resistance to scuffing and pilling. It stands up to demanding use and has long-lasting colorfastness."

When I was checking out what fabric to use, I asked my sales rep what would be the heaviest, and best for these saddlebags and this material is what was suggested.

Keep ridin'
Garry
Awesome. Very good material indeed. I already have a pair of them from you. I've been looking for a good textile jacket I like and while checking into them I've been learning a lot about different deniers of cordura/nylon and poly materials. It made me curious what the bags where.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:05 AM
Doug McNabb
Stage II
Default Old bags

Hi,,, I am damned happy to finally see a bag maker who has undertaked the difficult task of fabricating replacement bags for the FXDXT aka the Super Glide T-sport. I bought my T-Sport in '01 when I was deployed to southwest asia through the AAFES store. About 4 years ago I left some peanuts in my bag and a damn mouse just had to get to those nuts and chewed holes in my bags. I have tried to find replacement bags (over $600 each from HD) but they are few and expensive. Would love a pair of these bags from Leather Pro. Would I still have to relocate my turn signals to mount your bags on my T-Sport?

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild