Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2012, 10:33 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
do you order these via PM, email, etc? I didnt see them on your site. Also, what is the final price with everything? I cant find it in the previous posts now, but I remember it being 5-something, right?
I just put up a post in the vendor classifieds to make it easier to find the video, pics and info on the bags, here: https://www.hdforums.com/forum/vendo...ther-pros.html

Thanks again to all who helped on this project, and for all the great reviews.

Garry

Old 12-21-2012, 09:21 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

thanks! cant wait til after xmas so I can order a set of these for my new FXDX!
I've read conflicting info on being able to run these bags with a quick detach backrest at the same time? Yay or nay? If not, do any passanger backrests work?

Old 12-21-2012, 09:51 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

I have a qd backrest ..you have to put backrest on first then the bags ...best bags I've had ..

Old 12-21-2012, 11:11 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Puglia10
thanks! cant wait til after xmas so I can order a set of these for my new FXDX!
I've read conflicting info on being able to run these bags with a quick detach backrest at the same time? Yay or nay? If not, do any passanger backrests work?
I have the Harley quick detatch backrest and I run these bags too. Works great. Takes about 5 minutes to put both on or take them both off....and that's taking my time. I could probably do it in a minute and a half if I really tried to hury.

Old 12-21-2012, 11:42 AM
Puglia10
Road Warrior
Received 481 Likes on 231 Posts

awesome! thanks guys

Old 12-21-2012, 08:36 PM
PennShovel
Cruiser

I dream about these bags in my sleep.

Old 12-22-2012, 02:53 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Finally time for me to chime in. Been running these for about 2 weeks now and I am digging them. On my FXDXT there is no clearance issues and I recently added 14" shocks so I have about 4" of space between my fatcat and my bag. I love the big zipper tabs (Ykk) Aand the mounting system is great for being able to take the bags on and off the bike for a bath. Otherwise I run them until I get something else to try out which I know I will. They do not get as big as some other bags but I don't carry that much stuff on a daily basis to and from work. Lunch, extra warmth gear, etc.

I got some locks to lock them on and the locks I got are too big so that they hand down below the bar inside the bag so I gotta sort that out. I do need to be able to carry more than these will allow on trips with my wife but for daily use these are great. I am wondering how long it will be until the bags start to fade as my bike sits outside in the sun all day at work most days.

I am also wondering how long until the leather starts to lose it's shape but I am sure that will a long time and if either happens I can send them back to Garry for a redo I am sure. I wanted to do my full comparison between the two bags but it's now working out with work so that they do not want me to pit one against another as we must maintain good relations with all which makes perfect sense. I was also waiting for the new version of the other brand but it is yet to be here so when it arrives I will post my thoughts somehow in an unbiased fashion so that the consumer can make their own choice. It is simple to be able to choose when there is only one thing available but competition really makes the market thrive.

For anyone who wants to run shocks with a piggy back reservoir with these bags you can do it just put the resevior in the front as I have done. Here are a few pics of mine.

Also, i will be checking the bushings that the bags mount to shortly to see if they have any wear as I have read about but thus far they are nice and tight. I am still going to put my other bags back on and go grocery shopping to see how much stuff I can get in them but it has been raining here so much (yes it rains in SoCal on occasion) that it has been virtually impossible.

All in all, for the price either brand of bag is a steal compared to the stock bags that I still see going for $1300 on the net.

Old 12-30-2012, 06:14 PM
srosa707
Intermediate

I got mine mounted the other day. They look great and have plenty of room. Hardest part of the whole installation was having to drop my rear wheel to get to the inside of the strut bolt. The bags went on easy and look great.

2000 FXD. Stock shocks with Supertrapp Super-quiet exhaust.

Attached Thumbnails FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild-img_20121230_123700.jpg   FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild-img_20121230_124802.jpg   FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild-img_20121230_124816.jpg   FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild-img_20121230_124825.jpg  
Old 12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by srosa707
I got mine mounted the other day. They look great and have plenty of room. Hardest part of the whole installation was having to drop my rear wheel to get to the inside of the strut bolt. The bags went on easy and look great.

2000 FXD. Stock shocks with Supertrapp Super-quiet exhaust.
Sweet bike. I love the color. The racing stripes on the fenders is sweet as hell.

Old 12-31-2012, 06:32 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

I have never taken my wheel off to get to the strut bolts. Just use an open ended wrench on the inside of the fender. I'm digging the stripes too. Bags are looking sick!

My HID arrived today (Xentec) two for $30 on eaby. I also got a wiring extension so I can put the ballast under the seat. I am just trying to figure out how to hook up the power. Teh power plug has a red and black and came with some sort of plug but there is noe xtension for it so I am thinking about a quick splice off my ignition wiring under the seat. has anyopne else done HID, and if so how did you hook up the power? I got a PM into Joe Knapp (it is new years) so maybe I can get this done tomorrow. I will need to get a rubber grommet that the HID wiring will fit through as well.

Post up how you did it! Happy New Year. Who's riding tomorrow? What you do on New Years Day is what you will be doing the rest of the year.

Oh, and I think the suspension is dialed in too as I took a nice ride today (it was finally dry) and made a few adjustments to the slow and high speed rebound and this thing is smooth as silk now. It's on rails in the corners too. The 21 and 18 don;t affect the handling as some think it would either. I was concerned about the narrower front tire (90/90/21) as opposed the 100/90/19 that was on it before and it handles great. No tracking on the freeway (Metzeler ME880) and comfortable at any speed.

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild