Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2012, 12:22 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by mr_natural78
The bike is parked in my booth at the tattoo shop for the winter so I don't have much room to move it around and get shots from other angles. I live in an apartment above the shop and we don't have a garage. So the booth is my winter storage. It does make a nice conversation starter for all the collage girls we get in here.
Is keeping a bike in your booth where you give tattoo's a good idea? Seems it isn't helping keep things sterile for the client?

Old 11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Craigmier
Is keeping a bike in your booth where you give tattoo's a good idea? Seems it isn't helping keep things sterile for the client?
I dunno, looks like a clean bike to me.

I traded my old bike for tattoo work, and he parks it in there at night. Don't give a rats butt.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:02 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Craigmier
The bike being in the booth has no effect on the environment being sterile. It's a big booth and the tattoo and piercing station is on the other side of the room. I've been doing tattoos for a living, in shops, for 16 years. The only thing you'll get from me is a kick *** tattoo at a fair price. Not hep or anything like that. My work area is immaculate and completely up to professional standards on cleanliness and sterilization. Besides....it's a tattoo booth....not an operating room. lol. Big differnce in the "sterile" evironment. I'm doing tattoos...not performing open heart surgery. Again...HUGE difference.

Last edited by mr_natural78; 11-20-2012 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:30 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by parts eeter
They look great, I have had mine for a few weeks now. However the only thing I have been able to do is take them out of the box and look at them. I am really looking forward to working on customizing my FXDX, but priorities keep getting in the way.
Thanks. I really like the bags a lot. I'm sure once some of the other guys here who ride see them Gary will get a few more sales out of it. I bought the bike with all the performance mods already done to it. 113 cu in, screaming eagle heads and breather, S & S carb, S & S 585 gear driven cams, Sreaming eagle II mufflers, barnett clutch. It screams that is for sure. 115 hp and 130 ft punds of trq. I'm just doing a few changes for comfort and style. I've got a badlander seat that I have on it most of the time. Then a detatchable backrest and a thick cushy seat for when the wife is with me. Just got the bags for longer trips. Still want to get the HD adjustable highway pegs and a fork brace. I think I want to raise my handle bars up a couple inches and an inch closer too. I was going to do risers and keep the stock bars but a few post on here say that riser change the angle of my speedo and make it hard to read so I may do some mini apes like the street bobs come with. I don't know yet.

Old 11-20-2012, 05:47 PM
tbone108
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Jcleary bike
Good picture of the bags. Bike looks real sharp. Like.
tbone108

Old 11-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Fit and look great! Let me know what you think

Old 11-20-2012, 07:48 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Looks REAL good man!!

Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Why 585 cams with a 113"? Why not 640?

Old 11-21-2012, 10:41 AM

Mr_natural....riser won't effect your speedo angle unless you use pullback risers. If you use tall risers they bring the bars closer because of the original angle. I have 6" risers n they bring the bars back close to an inch. But I'm going to switch to 8" risers. I'm running sportster 48 bars and together I'd like a little more height.

Old 11-21-2012, 02:45 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by El Rey
Why 585 cams with a 113"? Why not 640?
That's what the previous owner put in it. I didn't do any of the performance mods. I bought it with all of it already done. It was built by Jeff Flora in South Bend, Indiana.

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild