Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2012, 08:44 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by gnstalodz
I'm thinking http://www.sportube.com/TSA-Lock-p/tsalck.htm for a lock, but still looking

I think this would be tougher to break than a solid one.
Thats a nice setup, and choosing your own combo is a nice feature.

O1 lowrider just go back to page 18 and you can see the capacity..

Old 11-10-2012, 01:13 PM
tbone108
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello there
01FXDX Good looking bike and the bags sit well.
tbone108

Old 11-11-2012, 08:29 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
I was lookin at the 3100 bags ..my interest is turning towards these bags ..what is the capacity ..
For volume comparison, the 3100 series will hold 31 twelve oz. beverage cans per side. The stock fiberglass bags on an FLH hold 48. The new retro bag will hold 54 per side in expanded mode.

Garry

Old 11-11-2012, 08:39 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Garry. Any word on whether those quick detach brackets will be available separately?

Old 11-12-2012, 06:51 AM
0lowrider1
Road Master
Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

Thanks Garry ..double z I don't beleieve you brackets without the bags ..check out,leatherpros web site ...

Old 11-12-2012, 11:43 AM
DoubleZ
Tourer

Originally Posted by 0lowrider1
Thanks Garry ..double z I don't beleieve you brackets without the bags ..check out,leatherpros web site ...
Yes I have checked the site and didn't see anything. I'm asking if it is something that he will be selling maybe in the future, or if these are specific to this bag maybe makes g a more universal version for individual sale. Saddleman and cycle visions both make bags and sell there quick detach hardware separately so I don't see why Garry wouldn't want to. His brackets seem to be a far superior product compared to the other quick detach options out there

Old 11-12-2012, 02:11 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by DoubleZ
Garry. Any word on whether those quick detach brackets will be available separately?
I would gladly sell you a set of brackets if I thought they would fit on your bag, but unless your bags have molded backs for the belt guard and brake caliper like ours do, they won't fit. We might develop a bracket that would work on a flat-back bag in the future, but right now we are just too busy taking care of the guys who want this bag.

Garry

Old 11-12-2012, 02:19 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by 07bobber
all of those prices are insane for bikes that old, i wouldnt pay more than 10 for a pristine fxdxt or more than 6 for an fxdx in good shape..
I gave 8,900 for my 2000 FXDX with 16,200 miles. It has had a lot of mods done though. 113 cu in, high compression pistons, screamin eagle heads with manual compression releases, s&s gear drive 585 cams, barnett clutch, a lot of smaller mods too.

Last edited by mr_natural78; 11-12-2012 at 05:12 PM.
Old 11-12-2012, 02:50 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
OK guys, we finally have what you have been waiting for. I will start with a little comparison between our new bags and the stock bags.

The stock bag on the right is a little collapsed but you can see how much space was wasted between the bag and the bike. Our new bag on the left REALLY hugs close and is the closest bag I think I have ever seen for a Dyna. For you guys with FXDXT bikes with the little "tit" on the fender, you will probably want to unscrew it.

This picture shows how much more our new bag (the one on the bike) will hold compared to the stock one while they are both in the compressed (not expanded) mode. By utilizing the space they wasted, we are able to put a one gallon jug all the way to the bottom of the bag and still be able to zip it up. I could only get the jug about halfway down in the harley bag and I was barely able to zip it up and it really bulged out. You can also see the inside plastic "floor" of our bag. We couldn't make a complete "floor" on the inside and still make it expandable, so it is a partial floor and the rest of the support (similar to Harley's sock covered bottom frame) is from riveting a thick piece of ABS plastic to the bottom of the bag as shown in the next photo.

Here you can see the bottom support and the ample space between the bag and the pipe.

If you look closely in the photo below, you can see the locking lever with a padlock around it and through a d-ring to lock the bags onto the bike.

This photo shows the bag in expanded mode, the two one gallon jugs are all the way to the bottom and do bulge the bag out a little, but I could still zip it up easily. I tried to do the same thing with the stock Harley bag in the next photo, but I could not zip it up unless I turned the jugs.

The next photo is a rear view of both new bags on the bike, very little gap between the bags and the bike.

This next photo show the right side bag in expanded mode, although it is wide enough for the milk jugs it really doesn't stick out much farther than the stock bag because we utilized the space they wasted.

And again in compressed mode.

I am working with a friend of mine to do a video of how the bags go on and off, but now I just need to get busy finishing this first batch and printing up the install instructions.

We are not going to offer these bags to our dealers, instead, we are going to try to just market them here on the forum and ebay. We will be listing them on ebay for $639, but for all forum members who have posted on this thread, or who pm me, we will sell them at $569 plus shipping. We are now ready to start taking orders, but the first sets, because of pm's or posts, go to: Parts eeter, 07bobber, Fxdxt-I, Hogpro, FXD-T, Some_punk, bucket13, Bo_Jangles, gnstalodz, irishbagger, jslum, Jwright302, Parrish, Elwood87, 01FXDX, Stef142, dyna bomb, fxdb10, JCleary, and McGinnes_John. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If I don't hear from you guys in the next few days, I will pm you as I need your card info, address ect. We will start shipping bags this week. jslum, ElRay, and anyone else who needs new lids for their stock bags, the lid kits will be $55 plus shipping. By the way, we don't charge your card until the day the bags are shipped.

Keep ridin'
Garry
F**K YEAH!! These are EXACTLY what I wanted! Very Nice. I've been reading this thread and the conely's thread that led me to this one for the last two days and getting caught up. I want a set! sending a pm to you gary.

Old 11-12-2012, 03:59 PM
mr_natural78
Tourer

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Here they are...
Look GREAT! I just pm'd Gary with my info for paypall. He says they are about a week out. I'm SO stoked. I've been looking for some bags like these for MONTHS. I almost pulled the trigger on Conely's but a couple things about his had me a little unsure.

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild