Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2012, 05:23 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
It won't add anything to the cost, and it is mainly cosmetic, but if you have hauled as many odd shaped things in your bags as I have, you appreciate any additional space, especially in the width.

I was hoping to have the left side mold done today, but we got busy with orders for our regular bags, I guess that's a good problem? Anyway, I will try to get it done tomorrow and get the first plastic back formed.

Later
Garry
In that case, you got my vote.

Old 08-27-2012, 09:14 PM
irishbagger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LeatherPro, just bought a set of your 3100s that I haven't installed yet and now I see you are gonna make what I have been looking for all along but couldn't find. Can't wait to see what the finished product looks like. I was looking at the Conley bags but was concerned about the clearance between the bag and exhaust. I'm confident you guys are gonna come up with a better set of bags. Good luck with the project and I really hope these go into production. I'll be watching closely as I am very interested.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:14 AM
TMike84
Advanced

These bags are going to look awesome. I know that you changed the mounting system on the bags themselves and maybe I missed something when looking at your pics but are the original mounts on the struts still utilized or do those need to get changed out as well?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:54 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by TMike84
These bags are going to look awesome. I know that you changed the mounting system on the bags themselves and maybe I missed something when looking at your pics but are the original mounts on the struts still utilized or do those need to get changed out as well?
You will just have to replace the two strut mounting points with our new ones, which aren't quite as big as the stock FXDXT ones. If you have a T-Sport, you will also need to unscrew the fender "****" as they get in the way and aren't needed.

I finished the rough mold and just formed the first back this afternoon.

The bracket fits like a glove. I will still have to do some tweaking, but it came out really good for a first form.

We're getting close!

Garry

Old 08-29-2012, 06:36 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Is there a jam nut on that turnbuckle for the handle locking mechanism so that it does not spin from the vibration?

That mold looks on point!

Old 08-29-2012, 06:53 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by parts eeter
Is there a jam nut on that turnbuckle for the handle locking mechanism so that it does not spin from the vibration?

That mold looks on point!
If you look at the handle, it has a tab that covers the turnbuckle when closed so that it can't turn. We've been using this system on our CB bags and it has worked great.

Garry

Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 PM
macnab_sf
Road Master

Shell looks good. I like that it has a floor to support some load. I worry about that long zipper having to hold everything. (she said)

Last edited by macnab_sf; 08-29-2012 at 08:15 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:16 PM
jwright302
Tourer

Originally Posted by macnab_sf
Shell looks good. I like that it has a floor to support some load. I worry about that long zipper having to hold everything. (she said :-)
That's what she said. Haha

I agree it looks good.

Leatherpro , I have an 07 with detachable sissy bar and rack. Do you plan on making these compatable ? Sorry of you already addressed this.

Jeremy

Old 08-29-2012, 10:07 PM
Fxdxt-I
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leather pro, whats the time line looking like if these go into full production? So far they look great, I think the mounting systems looks great and seems like no more having to worry about these being lifted by someone.

Old 08-29-2012, 10:59 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain

I'm excited, and loving the progress with picts!

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild