Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2012, 03:38 PM
McGinnes_john
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Also, waiting on a Paypal Invoice from Leatherpros but please take as much time as you need. Looks like you guys are right out straight as it is!

Old 10-29-2012, 05:57 PM

I don't understand the comments. Nobody has knocked Conley and this isn't his thread. Leather pro mentioned these bags last summer. A bunch of us, me included immediately started bugging him to make them. I was persistent.
The way I see it, Garry was doing us a favor by making these. I too was on the conely wait list but with all of the delays and radical price changes I decided to send my loyalty to LP. I have sent my payment and couldn't be happier. If anybody on here doesn't want LP's bags, don't buy them. But please, shut the hell up already.

Old 10-29-2012, 07:51 PM
tbone108
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hello there it looks like garry has his hands full working flat out doing what he does best(making bags) so the customer will give the bags a good test out. I am looking forward to feed back from Hogpro and 07 bobber. People that have payed money will say it like it is.If i lived in the US i would be in the first batch without testing or feed back but with UK shipping and import tax it will give me time to save up.
Regards tbone108

Old 10-30-2012, 07:44 AM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I spoke with Garry yesterday and am looking forward to installing these bags on my FXDX.

I would like to add a few words to this thread.

To start off I never liked the original FXDX/FXDXT Nylon bags. The reflector looked goofy, they were extremely saggy, and stuck out too far leaving a gap in between the fender and bag.The Leather Pro bags fill in the fender gap, utilize this area for additional capacity, and address the sagging issue of the OEM bags by using a partial floor with an additional support.

I also did not like the rear fender tab that was left on the bike when the OEM bags were removed so I have a fender that does not have that tab waiting for install, however I NEEDED a set of bags that would ONLY use 2 docking points on the strut that WOULD NOT rattle. The Leather Pro bags addressed this with their PROVEN and patented mounting design.

The Leather Pro bags include the docking hardware that is superior to the Harley quick detatch hardware, mounts more solid than HD, and looks better when the bag is off. The Leather Pro bags lock to the bike also.

Garry makes saddlebags for a living and these look great. This was my reasoning behind choosing Garry ( Leather Pro) to use on my bike.

I am glad that the long lost FXDX/FXDXT bikes have finally been noticed and we have some top shelf parts available for this great machine.

Old 10-30-2012, 09:49 AM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

I am keeping my comments on each bag in the varying threads as that is good business. If you are interested in what the other bags have to offer read that thread. That is the least we can do for Garry.

As far as what mounts how I reserve judgment until I have finished products in my hands, mounted up and have used them both. This seems to be the most logical way to do this.

I don't think a comparison from someone who has not used both is accurate as seeing something is not the same as actually using it which is why I am getting both brands. Regardless, Garry's bags look great and I look forward to mounting them on my bike. He was smart in polling us here on the forums for what it is that we are seeking in a bag. Hopefully I will avhe my bags here by Thursday and can get them on my bike and hopefully my lowers will be back from powder by then as well. Let's keep arguments out of this thread as all it does is create unnecessary drama that I know I don't need and I am sure the rest of you probably feel that way as well. Let's respect for the manufacturers and foucs on their individual products in the varying threads.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Hogpro
I am keeping my comments on each bag in the varying threads as that is good business. If you are interested in what the other bags have to offer read that thread. That is the least we can do for Garry.

As far as what mounts how I reserve judgment until I have finished products in my hands, mounted up and have used them both. This seems to be the most logical way to do this.

I don't think a comparison from someone who has not used both is accurate as seeing something is not the same as actually using it which is why I am getting both brands. Regardless, Garry's bags look great and I look forward to mounting them on my bike. He was smart in polling us here on the forums for what it is that we are seeking in a bag. Hopefully I will avhe my bags here by Thursday and can get them on my bike and hopefully my lowers will be back from powder by then as well. Let's keep arguments out of this thread as all it does is create unnecessary drama that I know I don't need and I am sure the rest of you probably feel that way as well. Let's respect for the manufacturers and foucs on their individual products in the varying threads.
couldn't agree with you more

Old 10-30-2012, 07:36 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Mounting bracket video

I finally got the bracket video made

Old 10-30-2012, 07:48 PM
fxdb10
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hell ya! Everything I ever wanted right there in the video! Great job Gary