Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 09:57 AM
jslum
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Jslum- i called and talked to Garry earlier today and he will be responding to PM's tomorrow and will be trying to get bags shipped tomorrow and friday. He's also trying to get paypal setup so hopefully they get that figured out since i have most of my cash in paypal lol
Thanks for the input. Can't wait to get these ordered and on the bike

Old 10-25-2012, 10:04 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

I can't believe the kind of response these bags are bringing. I am going to apologize right now for not getting back to all the pm's right away. I will get back to all of you within the next week. Right now we are just trying to get the bags built as quick as we can. The first five pair should ship tomorrow with more to follow next week. We have the capacity to do around 50 pair a week once we have everything set up for each of the steps but it just takes a while to get jigged up because these bags are so much different than our leather ones. Again, thanks for all the responses and kind words.

Oh, I forgot to get the "standing in the bags" pic the other day, so we quick took one this morning. This is with the exact bracket that you will be getting, and it is the strongest two point mounting system I have ever seen. We will also try to get the video ASAP.

The plastic "floor" on the bags really adds the strength we were looking for. Although it flexes a little with that much weight (I weigh 230 lbs), it still gives the bag the structural integrity it needed.

Back to work.
Garry

Old 10-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
I can't believe the kind of response these bags are bringing. I am going to apologize right now for not getting back to all the pm's right away. I will get back to all of you within the next week. Right now we are just trying to get the bags built as quick as we can. The first five pair should ship tomorrow with more to follow next week. We have the capacity to do around 50 pair a week once we have everything set up for each of the steps but it just takes a while to get jigged up because these bags are so much different than our leather ones. Again, thanks for all the responses and kind words.

Oh, I forgot to get the "standing in the bags" pic the other day, so we quick took one this morning. This is with the exact bracket that you will be getting, and it is the strongest two point mounting system I have ever seen. We will also try to get the video ASAP.

The plastic "floor" on the bags really adds the strength we were looking for. Although it flexes a little with that much weight (I weigh 230 lbs), it still gives the bag the structural integrity it needed.

Back to work.
Garry
They look very sturdy, if you need more than 230lbs on your bike might as well get a tow hitch and throw it on the back.

Old 10-25-2012, 11:25 AM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

We just got our paypal account upgraded to a business account, so we can now accept paypay for those of you who want. We will need your email address, and paypal will send you an invoice from us. As soon as it shows you agree with the invoice, we will ship the bags.

Garry

Old 10-25-2012, 12:07 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Garry, I posted pics on Facebook on one of the Dyna groups, hope you don't mind, should bring some more business for you.

Old 10-25-2012, 12:41 PM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by FYMP7
These look like great bags. I guess I don't get everyone crap talking the Conleys bags saying they are too much money. These bags are $650, the Conley Bags are $699 and everyone is jumping on to buy these. (a rant I will save for another time)
just saying.
Like I said on Facebook, I'm not bad mouthing John, but my opinion and my opinion and .25 cents will get you half way to a cup of coffee is this;

Leather Pro's does this in house for a living.

He has been pretty straight forward with pricing and lead times.

Connley's not so much and he has to outsource his final product.

Old 10-25-2012, 01:13 PM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
We just got our paypal account upgraded to a business account, so we can now accept paypay for those of you who want. We will need your email address, and paypal will send you an invoice from us. As soon as it shows you agree with the invoice, we will ship the bags.

Garry
Sweet! You got my phone # and email. Look forward to seeing them soon!

Originally Posted by El Rey
Like I said on Facebook, I'm not bad mouthing John, but my opinion and my opinion and .25 cents will get you half way to a cup of coffee is this;

Leather Pro's does this in house for a living.

He has been pretty straight forward with pricing and lead times.

Connley's not so much and he has to outsource his final product.
Pretty much why I'm ordering from LeatherPros. Plus I'm not a fan of HUGE LOGOS

Old 10-25-2012, 02:25 PM
gnstalodz
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FXD-T
I cannot say enough how great it is that Garry jumped on this project so fast, did such a quality job and listened to all of our comments and input. I will absolutely be throwing his name around the SF bay area. These bags are in huge demand out here. Next time I'm up at Alice's cafè I guarantee I'll be asked about them.
Alice's would be a great place to show these off, a lot of the local clubs will love to get their hand on these too. I'm going to shoot out a few texts to the locals.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:27 PM
Psi23
Banned
Received 19 Likes on 8 Posts

too bad it has been raining, hopefully it dies down I could go for some breakfast up at alices. hate riding 84 in the rain.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:40 PM
Smile

FYMP7 These look like great bags. I guess I don't get everyone crap talking the Conleys bags saying they are too much money. These bags are $650, the Conley Bags are $699 and everyone is jumping on to buy these. (a rant I will save for another time)
just saying.

Check out pg 18 leatherpro's are giving huge discounts to HDF members. Not looking to bash on Conley. I would love to sell my HD quarter fairing and get one of his T-sport versions, but LP is selling his bags well below $600 on here.

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild