Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 01:58 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Garry, any updates for us this week? come across any difficulties with the bags during assembly?

Old 10-23-2012, 02:01 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor
Received 53 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by 07bobber
Garry, any updates for us this week? come across any difficulties with the bags during assembly?
It just took a while figure out all the little stuff. I just got done taking pictures and will post them as soon as I finish shipping todays orders. UPS will be here in about an hour so I have to get that paperwork done, then I will put up a long post with pictures.

Garry

Old 10-23-2012, 02:12 PM
01FXDX
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't wait to see the finished product and hopefully order a set.

Old 10-23-2012, 02:32 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LeatherPro
It just took a while figure out all the little stuff. I just got done taking pictures and will post them as soon as I finish shipping todays orders. UPS will be here in about an hour so I have to get that paperwork done, then I will put up a long post with pictures.

Garry
awesome, looking forward to your next post......

Old 10-23-2012, 05:10 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor

OK guys, we finally have what you have been waiting for. I will start with a little comparison between our new bags and the stock bags.

The stock bag on the right is a little collapsed but you can see how much space was wasted between the bag and the bike. Our new bag on the left REALLY hugs close and is the closest bag I think I have ever seen for a Dyna. For you guys with FXDXT bikes with the little "tit" on the fender, you will probably want to unscrew it.

This picture shows how much more our new bag (the one on the bike) will hold compared to the stock one while they are both in the compressed (not expanded) mode. By utilizing the space they wasted, we are able to put a one gallon jug all the way to the bottom of the bag and still be able to zip it up. I could only get the jug about halfway down in the harley bag and I was barely able to zip it up and it really bulged out. You can also see the inside plastic "floor" of our bag. We couldn't make a complete "floor" on the inside and still make it expandable, so it is a partial floor and the rest of the support (similar to Harley's sock covered bottom frame) is from riveting a thick piece of ABS plastic to the bottom of the bag as shown in the next photo.

Here you can see the bottom support and the ample space between the bag and the pipe.

If you look closely in the photo below, you can see the locking lever with a padlock around it and through a d-ring to lock the bags onto the bike.

This photo shows the bag in expanded mode, the two one gallon jugs are all the way to the bottom and do bulge the bag out a little, but I could still zip it up easily. I tried to do the same thing with the stock Harley bag in the next photo, but I could not zip it up unless I turned the jugs.

The next photo is a rear view of both new bags on the bike, very little gap between the bags and the bike.

This next photo show the right side bag in expanded mode, although it is wide enough for the milk jugs it really doesn't stick out much farther than the stock bag because we utilized the space they wasted.

And again in compressed mode.

I am working with a friend of mine to do a video of how the bags go on and off, but now I just need to get busy finishing this first batch and printing up the install instructions.

We are not going to offer these bags to our dealers, instead, we are going to try to just market them here on the forum and ebay. We will be listing them on ebay for $639, but for all forum members who have posted on this thread, or who pm me, we will sell them at $569 plus shipping. We are now ready to start taking orders, but the first sets, because of pm's or posts, go to: Parts eeter, 07bobber, Fxdxt-I, Hogpro, FXD-T, Some_punk, bucket13, Bo_Jangles, gnstalodz, irishbagger, jslum, Jwright302, Parrish, Elwood87, 01FXDX, Stef142, dyna bomb, fxdb10, JCleary, and McGinnes_John. Hopefully I didn't miss anyone. If I don't hear from you guys in the next few days, I will pm you as I need your card info, address ect. We will start shipping bags this week. jslum, ElRay, and anyone else who needs new lids for their stock bags, the lid kits will be $55 plus shipping. By the way, we don't charge your card until the day the bags are shipped.

Keep ridin'
Garry

Old 10-23-2012, 05:16 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor

I just remembered, we changed the handle a little bit, I will post pics of it tomorrow.

Garry

Old 10-23-2012, 05:30 PM
Chad1200
Road Master
Received 286 Likes on 176 Posts

Nice work, Garry. I'd really like to see that on-and-off the bike video when it's done.

Old 10-23-2012, 05:33 PM
fxdb10
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Garry, please don't forget me....

Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM
LeatherPro
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by fxdb10
Garry, please don't forget me....
I didn't, you're on the list.

Garry

Old 10-23-2012, 05:38 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor
Received 46 Likes on 44 Posts

Looking good Garry. I'll give you a ring with payment info.

Quick Reply: FXDXT Saddlebag rebuild