Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SE 103 stage IV kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2012, 08:27 AM
Sergeich
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SE 103 stage IV kit

Hello everyone,
My bike is 2011 Dyna Wide Glide. So far it's stock, except the new RB Racing LSR 2-1 exhaust, which immediately improved performance of my bike.

However, my "ultimate goal" is to do some mods and come up with around 100-110 HP and torque street bike. I would like to retain decent motor longevity and fuel economy, without overtaxing the motor.

Currently I'm considering the SE 103 kit, stage IV upgrade.

What's your experience with this kit? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks

Old 07-30-2012, 08:56 AM
BLK107
Advanced

Look at the Fuel Moto 107 kit. Same or better dyno results for a cheaper price. Not to mention great customer service from the company. I have the 107 in my wide glide and it rips!!!

Old 07-30-2012, 12:24 PM
GREENOHAWK69
Stellar HDF Member
Received 575 Likes on 346 Posts
Old 07-30-2012, 12:28 PM
kmontague
Tourer
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I did the 103se stage 3 to mine mainly since my bike only had 1k miles on it and the dealer would stand behind warranty. Decent kit bike dynod out at 95 hp and 104 torque. Good enough for me without winding the bike too tight

Old 07-30-2012, 12:40 PM
ReapersWG
Cruiser

I have the older stage 4 kit in my wide glide and like it alot except for the 260 cam which is awesome for high end HP but not down low. I believe the new kit comes with the 259E which is a better cam than the 260 IMHO and should get you where you wanna be. This winter mine is going in to have the heads port and polished and cc professionally and my deck height corrected to 0 if it needs it and .030 HG along with either T Man 625s or a Woods TW9F-6. Depending on the dyno and day I've run 107 hp and 105 tq to 115 hp and 113 tq so don't chase numbers to much the heat and humidity along with a totally different dyno can change the numbers alot. And if your worried about warranty I'd stay with the SE stage 4 thats why I did it and since my dealer sells T Man products and Woods they will still honor mine.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:02 AM
Sergeich
Intermediate

Thanks
SE catalog says, that 103 stage 3 and 4 kits are "race only". While I am not very concerned about that, still I don't quite understand what makes them unsuitable for public road - they simply don't meet emission standards or make more noise or something else?
At the same time, if you get, say S&S or FuelMoto kit, also with better flowing heads, better cams, pistons and so on, there is no warning that your bike might become "illegal" for public road use... Or is it just a marketing trick?

Old 07-31-2012, 07:07 AM
Sergeich
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ReapersWG
I have the older stage 4 kit in my wide glide and like it alot except for the 260 cam which is awesome for high end HP but not down low. I believe the new kit comes with the 259E which is a better cam than the 260 IMHO and should get you where you wanna be. This winter mine is going in to have the heads port and polished and cc professionally and my deck height corrected to 0 if it needs it and .030 HG along with either T Man 625s or a Woods TW9F-6. Depending on the dyno and day I've run 107 hp and 105 tq to 115 hp and 113 tq so don't chase numbers to much the heat and humidity along with a totally different dyno can change the numbers alot. And if your worried about warranty I'd stay with the SE stage 4 thats why I did it and since my dealer sells T Man products and Woods they will still honor mine.
What kind of air cleaner are you running with stage 4 motor?
Could you post mileage figures - how many mpg in the city/highway?
Good luck with your upgrades too. It would be interesting to hear a comparison between Wood & SE cams

Old 07-31-2012, 07:15 AM
Good_Apollo
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Sergeich
Thanks
SE catalog says, that 103 stage 3 and 4 kits are "race only". While I am not very concerned about that, still I don't quite understand what makes them unsuitable for public road - they simply don't meet emission standards or make more noise or something else?
At the same time, if you get, say S&S or FuelMoto kit, also with better flowing heads, better cams, pistons and so on, there is no warning that your bike might become "illegal" for public road use... Or is it just a marketing trick?
I don't know how strict things are in Russia, but it basically doesn't meet emissions here and also produces more noise than is officially "legal".

That being said, here in the US, tons of people run these performance motors on the street, including myself. In Michigan there is no inspection though, so I don't have to get my bike "approved" for street use.

Old 07-31-2012, 07:26 AM
Sergeich
Intermediate

I see.. what about reliability? Common sense suggests, that performance parts are not designed to run hundred thousands miles, they are made to perform and then be changed.
In Russia we have slightly less strict emission requirements to the US, I think. Emissions is not a problem. Extra noise is undesirable, because my exhaust is loud already.

Old 07-31-2012, 11:57 AM
ReapersWG
Cruiser

If the exhaust your running is fine then no worries the MoCo puts those in place to avoid warranty issues because lets face it if you have that extra power your most likely gonna use it and abuse it to some point. My dealer will warranty mine got it in writing and my dealer has put a couple into showroom bikes with a warranty. If I was in Kansas and my bike crapped out most likely I'd be out of luck but thats why I have my Road King Evo for those long rides. So if you don't have problems with the pipe your good to go as far as these mods. I run the SE heavy breather and my mileage is in the low 40s dependant on how I'm riding that day of course. LOL good luck

Quick Reply: SE 103 stage IV kit