Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'06 Superglide Sparto Tail Light Configuration

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 12:32 PM
geoffratrod
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '06 Superglide Sparto Tail Light Configuration

This is my first post but I thought I'd ask the forum about a new project I'm half way through.
I'm running a '06 Dyna Superglide with stock fender and laydown stock tail light.
The fender is getting a chop and fresh powder right now in addition to holes drilled for the new Sparto tail light I purchased.

What I would LIKE to do is use the existing tail light "circuit" board to preserve all the wiring. I like deutsch connectors because they are tiny and thread through my signal relocation bolts and I've gotten very good at using them.

I was thinking that I could mount the taillight circuit board in the housing of the sparto tail light with some JB weld and then basically wire everything as normal. Splice deutsches onto the 2 sparto wires and call it a day.

Has anyone done this before? Is this plan flawed? Is the sparto housing too small to accomodate the circuit board?

I welcome input, advice and suggestions.

Thanks!

Geoff