Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Internation Motorcycle shipping?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 03:54 AM
broski24
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internation Motorcycle shipping?

I Currently live in Germany but the time is coming for me to go back home to Ohio I am curious if anyone knows a good company to ship my bike home that specializes in the shipment of motorcycles and about how much it would cost if anyone has done it before?

Old 07-29-2012, 04:00 AM
FXR_Hamster
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Don't know a specific one, try asking questions from your unit perhaps they already have a company contact. I will say that most German moving companies do an excellent job of crating and preparing the bike. Check at local HD dealership and see if the have a discarded Factory Bike Skid (Aluminum) that you could use. Most get sent to metal scrap, so would be a good find. Hope this helps. If you are located in southern region of Germany, Ramstein area, ask the US Military HD sales guys, they might have a connection.

Old 07-29-2012, 04:06 AM
broski24
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the info I was looking because I dont so much trust the contracted movers seeing as things get broke in moves all the time so I was just going to pay someone myself, I have alot of custom work done and did not want to take the chance of shipping it with household goods Im up at Vilseck but I might make a trip down to the Harley dealer in Nuremberg to see if the have a crate I wouldn't mind shipping it with the movers if I properly packed it myself

Old 07-29-2012, 12:57 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus

Received 876 Likes on 584 Posts

Originally Posted by broski24
Thanks for the info I was looking because I dont so much trust the contracted movers seeing as things get broke in moves all the time so I was just going to pay someone myself, I have alot of custom work done and did not want to take the chance of shipping it with household goods Im up at Vilseck but I might make a trip down to the Harley dealer in Nuremberg to see if the have a crate I wouldn't mind shipping it with the movers if I properly packed it myself
Brandon, you could PM forum member bcane98 (Rick) to ask.
He moved from K-Town to Eglin AFB (FL) last June and had his two bikes shipped in a wooden crate