Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about starting a bobber build.

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2012, 10:15 PM
Waller 0311
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about starting a bobber build.

My name is Aaron Waller and im currently deployed with the Marine Corps. I am buying a HD street bob when i get back and i want to make a bobber. Im pretty new to Harleys so i dont know where to get the parts or have the body work done. I have about 5 more months till im back in the states so i have time to do some research. If anyone can help me get started i would greatly appreciate it.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:37 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior
Received 42 Likes on 16 Posts

Depends on what you're looking for. The forum is a great resource. As you spend time here you'll figure out who the go to guys are for specific things. Chances are whatever you want to do has been done by someone here and there's info on most mods. My best advice would be to figure out exactly what you want and talk to others who've done similar things. Some of us, me being one, have spent a bunch of money on parts and a lot of time wrenching only to change direction half way through a build.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:42 PM
lieutenant G
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ryderbiker
Depends on what you're looking for. The forum is a great resource. As you spend time here you'll figure out who the go to guys are for specific things. Chances are whatever you want to do has been done by someone here and there's info on most mods. My best advice would be to figure out exactly what you want and talk to others who've done similar things. Some of us, me being one, have spent a bunch of money on parts and a lot of time wrenching only to change direction half way through a build.
Listen to him Marine. Get the bike first, ride a little then decide how you want to dresser up. If you have to spend money from the sandbox, I wouldn't order bars, seat, peg ect until you can actually see/feel what they are like.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:52 PM
Thingfish
Grand HDF Member
Received 912 Likes on 662 Posts

Agree with all above. Keep browsing here and you'll find people and builds you respect. When the time comes you'll have a better idea who to talk to. In the meantime, get to know your bike as it is first. That will help separate fantasy from reality. Lots of things look cool that can adversely effect drivability. Some people still feel they are worth it. Only time in your saddle will give you the perspective needed to decide what's right for you. Thanks for your service, get home safe, and enjoy the bike...you chose well.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

Double post

Last edited by ryderbiker; 07-28-2012 at 12:01 AM.
Old 07-27-2012, 11:59 PM
ryderbiker
Road Warrior

I went from this

To this

To finally this

That **** cost a bunch and I had about a year o down time in the three years I've owned it.

By the way, thanks for your service and keep up the good work. I'm a Army warrant officer and will be heading over again about the time you head home.

Old 07-28-2012, 12:16 AM
missedem
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

two of the coolest places to get stuff for the street bob

Rocket Bobs and Southeast Custom Cycles. These guys can really rock a bob in a good way. thanks for your service your gonna love your street bob.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:17 AM
tomt
Road Master
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Pete does great work. He did the Voodoo for me so it could fit my older frame. It took 18 months from start to finish. It depends how far you want to go, understand you will be without your scoot for a while.

Check my sig.

More pics here.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/dyna-...uild-done.html

Old 07-28-2012, 10:56 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went from this...

To this....

So it will depend on what you want as an outcome................