Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

02 Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 05:59 AM
Diamond Ice
Stage III
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02 Wide Glide

Hey guys, New to the forum but have been a HD owner for a few years. For the past few years I've been ridin a 03 hugger with the 1200 kit. Been wanting to upgrade and finally found a 02 Dyna WG for the right price. Beautiful bike, it has the Vance and Hines Shorties and the big bore kit. Bike is real clean but concerned a bit with mileage. 42000. Before I actually put my deposit in on the bike should I be concerned about the miles and is there anything specific I should look for on the engine or elsewheres?
thanks... looking forward to this trade.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 AM
Baeseman1
Elite HDF Member
Received 99 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally Posted by Diamond Ice
should I be concerned about the miles and is there anything specific I should look for on the engine or elsewheres?
thanks... looking forward to this trade.
The miles are a concern if you don't know the maintenance history. But I'd rather have a bike with 42k knowing it's been well cared for verses 4k on one that's been beat to ****. If the price really is right - then I'd go for it.

Anything specific to look for/ask? Yes... All dyna bikes from 99-05 have the cam chain tensioner 'issue' that needs to be addressed at some point. Being that bike is an 02, you're a good candidate for gear drive cams (which gets rid of the chain & tensioners) Otherwise THIS kit from HD is a great way to go. Yeah it's costly, but it'll last. And you get the better oil pump.

Since the bike has the big bore kit, I'm guessing something was done at that time. Ask what was done and when. If the big bore kit was installed in 03, they probably just reused all stock tensioner parts. If it was installed a year or 3 ago, probably has the upgrade kit. But ask... And let us know how you make out.