Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brake and clutch control lever kit

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012 | 12:44 PM
grueter
|
Intermediate
Thumbs up Brake and clutch control lever kit

I am trying to replace my brake and clutch leaver on 06 dyna wide glide.i have a service manual and the instruction sheat.is there anyone who can tell me how to slide the 5/32 peice of cardboard between the brake leaver and the housing?i know it is to protect the brake light switch.is there some kind of trick to this? And on the clutch leaver do i have to put free play on the cable to replace the leaver on the clutch or is it just hold the cable with vicegrips and replace the leaver. I tried looking on the search bar but could not find what i was looking for. Thanks could use your help

Old 07-16-2012 | 02:04 PM
FXD2003Rider
Administrator Emeritus
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by grueter
I am trying to replace my brake and clutch leaver on 06 dyna wide glide.i have a service manual and the instruction sheat.is there anyone who can tell me how to slide the 5/32 peice of cardboard between the brake leaver and the housing?i know it is to protect the brake light switch.is there some kind of trick to this? And on the clutch leaver do i have to put free play on the cable to replace the leaver on the clutch or is it just hold the cable with vicegrips and replace the leaver. I tried looking on the search bar but could not find what i was looking for. Thanks could use your help
You could check this link:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/7378764-post4.html

As for the clutch lever: yes, you will have to give some slack to the cable at the clutch adjuster halfway the left hand down frame tube.

To take off the snap rings you'll need a pair of sharp edged nose pliers:

Originally Posted by FXD2003Rider
Here are some pics of the snap ring pliers I use to remove and replace the snap ring:

Old 07-16-2012 | 05:28 PM
grueter
|
Intermediate

Thanks do you or anyone else know if the peice of cardboard they are talking about is to slide in and go over the stop light switch and if so won't it fall out when you pull the pin out? Thanks again i still don't understand.

Old 07-16-2012 | 05:32 PM
Hogpro
Former Sponsor

I take a piece of my cigarette pack(for the smokers) and fold it up and stick it in between the brake lever and the switch. The idea is to use something thick enough to keep the brake lever from hitting the switch and breaking. I don't think an exact measurement is necessary.