Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2012, 10:50 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide

I'm looking for the part number for the mid contol peg mounts. I'd like to add mid pegs just to have an extra place to put the feet on long rides.
Anyone done this?
Anyone know the part numbers I'll need for an '07 Dyna Wide Glide?

Old 07-09-2012, 10:59 PM
Dirknar
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Look on Ebay, I see stock mid pegs for different years all the time. I put my mid pegs on mine for awhile for that same reason but I just took them of the other day because I found I was rarely using them and everytime I looked at the bike I hated seeing 6 foot pegs.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:19 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain

Do you know the part numbers? I don't know what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd want to leave them there all the time, but would be nice for road trips.

Old 07-09-2012, 11:34 PM
Dirknar
Tourer

Just type , mid contols dyna, on Ebay. I just searched on my phone and 4 different auctions came up. I think they have been the same brackets for awile now.. Sorry no part #. Try searching ronnies hd parts.

Last edited by Dirknar; 07-09-2012 at 11:47 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:47 AM
Peter Black
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
Do you know the part numbers? I don't know what I'm looking for. I doubt I'd want to leave them there all the time, but would be nice for road trips.
PM sent

Old 07-10-2012, 11:49 AM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Shortly after purchasing my Street Bob back in 2010 I added the forward controls to my bike. Much like you I wanted somewhere else to put my feet and found myself putting my feet on my primary cover and timing hump. So I re-installed the mid mounts and pegs. But then I found myself hitting the mid peg when I would put my feet on the ground. So I decided to modify the peg and leave the mount. I took the stock peg and cut it down to the pivot point, drill and tapped it to receive a shift peg, shorter and doesn't stick out as far, but still provides enough area for my feet to rest. I often find that when I ride, I ride with my left foot on the forward control and the right on the mid most of the time, but it is nice to be able to move around while riding. Also, with the apes on I can use the mids to stand on when I go over a bump or hole.

After removing the rubber I cut it down (at the red line) and ground it down to the flat part (blue line) and drilled and trapped (green)

Old 07-10-2012, 09:38 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain

Originally Posted by blueangel73
Shortly after purchasing my Street Bob back in 2010 I added the forward controls to my bike. Much like you I wanted somewhere else to put my feet and found myself putting my feet on my primary cover and timing hump. So I re-installed the mid mounts and pegs. But then I found myself hitting the mid peg when I would put my feet on the ground. So I decided to modify the peg and leave the mount. I took the stock peg and cut it down to the pivot point, drill and tapped it to receive a shift peg, shorter and doesn't stick out as far, but still provides enough area for my feet to rest. I often find that when I ride, I ride with my left foot on the forward control and the right on the mid most of the time, but it is nice to be able to move around while riding. Also, with the apes on I can use the mids to stand on when I go over a bump or hole.

After removing the rubber I cut it down (at the red line) and ground it down to the flat part (blue line) and drilled and trapped (green)

Hey, that's awesome!

All I need are the brackets. I'll worry about the pegs later but would be awesome if I could find a machine shop to do me up some pegs like those.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:02 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
Hey, that's awesome!

All I need are the brackets. I'll worry about the pegs later but would be awesome if I could find a machine shop to do me up some pegs like those.
All you really need is a hack saw, orbital or belt sander, a vise, a drill w/drill bit and tap, oh an some elbow grease. Just cut the peg as close as you can to the lip near the pivot point, put the pivot side in a vice and then sand it down. The drill and tap it. Not hard really, just a little time consuming.

Old 07-10-2012, 10:27 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member

50667-07 LH
50666-07 RH
these are the black wrinkle

50639-90A LH
50649-90 RH
these are the chrome

I would check with some of the local dealers and see if any of the mechanics have some take off's in their tool boxes...........Just a thought.

Last edited by SteveO-ll; 07-10-2012 at 10:30 PM.
Old 07-11-2012, 01:30 AM
PKellyMc
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: PacNW; Beacon of Conservatism in a Sea of Liberals.......AZ Snowbird; Just another Conservative
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I put 'em on my '06 for the very same reason you mentioned. Took a long RoadTrip in '08, and was aching for an alternate foot position. I bought a set from a fellow Forum member. Once I had 'em on though, I've almost never used them! Weird. I have the chrome ones. Gonna remove the right side as soon as I finish my belt replacement. Already have the left one off. I'm willing to part with them for $40+shipping, if you're interested.

Quick Reply: Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide