Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by Steel Steed
Ohh, I see what you're talking about! So you drill the hole all the way through to the pivot hole or do you stop before breaking through the pivot hole?
I went all the way through to the pivot hole, but only enough to get a clean tap all the way through, otherwise you would end up drilling a good chunk of the pivot hole away making it oblong, the bolt itself shouldn't protrude into the hole, but it will come close.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:09 PM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Dirknar
Look on Ebay, I see stock mid pegs for different years all the time. I put my mid pegs on mine for awhile for that same reason but I just took them of the other day because I found I was rarely using them and everytime I looked at the bike I hated seeing 6 foot pegs.
I did the same thing...I decided to put my mid pegs back on my FXDC since I had forwards installed when bike was new. After riding with them on there for a few months I realized I never used them and they were in my way when putting my foot down. I also hated having 6 pegs on the bike. I took them off a few weeks ago.

Putting them on or taking them off is a 10 minute job if you stop after the first one & drink a beer before installing the other one, so it's no big deal to put them back on if I decide to do so. I put anti-sieze in the holes and plugged them to keep road debris out of the holes & keep the threads clean.

Taking the mid pegs off cleaned it up a bit, so I decided to go for a more stripped look & took the windshield off, sissy bar off, and bought & installed a lay down license plate bracket. Like the clean minimal look of my bike now.

Old 07-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here's my progress on the custom blueangel pegs.

Original old harley pegs.

After the pegs visited the cutting disc.

Smoothed down flat using the grinder and orbital sander.

In the process of drilling out the hole, the drill bit broke inside. It was impossible to remove. Guy at the machine shop said he couldn't remove it so I had to cut up another old Harley peg and took them to the machine shop. He had a drill press and was able to drill it out straight. He didn't have the right tap, so I picked one up at Ace Hardware. I paid him $20 and gave him the tap ($5.00).
Picked up a couple shifter pegs, and this is what we have. Just waiting for the peg mounts to arrive in the mail now.

Attached Thumbnails Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide-1.jpg   Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide-2.jpg   Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide-3.jpg   Mid pegs for extra foot rests on Wide Glide-4.jpg  

Last edited by Steel Steed; 07-14-2012 at 04:24 PM.
Old 07-14-2012, 04:37 PM
blueangel73
Elite HDF Member
Received 148 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks good, you'll love them.

Old 03-13-2013, 05:35 PM
schneidermang
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you have the tap size? I finally found a set of mounts...going to give fullsize pegs a shot before I cut them up. Great idea brother.