Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 11:19 PM
bl_dg
Tourer
Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide

Have any of you Wide Glide riders put a Fat Bob fender on your bike? What do you need to get the Fat Bob tail light and turn signals working properly?

Thanks

Swap started:

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/membe...-bull-dog.html

Last edited by bl_dg; 07-14-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 07-10-2012, 08:23 AM
Lone Watie
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Biggest issue will be whether the width between the struts will accommodate the fat bob fender. I don't know if the wide glide width is the same, but think it is. Hopefully someone who's done this will chime in to confirm. It's one of the widest out there coming in at about 9 inches and some change. Tail light harness should be plenty long enough and should be plug and play. After putting my street glide fender and tail light set up on my fat bob I didn't have to do anything to the wiring. To give you an idea of the width, my 2011 street glide fender was more narrow than my struts. Do you have service manual? The conduit for the wiring you can get at the dealer. You'll have to de-pin the connectors in order to slide the harness through the new conduit, and the service manual explains how to do that with a special tool, which for me was a large safety pin. That way you don't have to dice and splice wires.

Last edited by Lone Watie; 07-10-2012 at 08:28 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 11:54 AM
bl_dg
Tourer

I've ordered the parts and service manual - should have them any day now. I'm doing a parts swap from a 2010 Fat Bob. Thanks for the info about the width. We will measure both bikes before the swap.

Old 07-14-2012, 01:52 PM
bl_dg
Tourer

Swap started - fender removed:

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide-removal01.jpg   Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide-lift01.jpg   Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide-lift02.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 03:58 PM
quint8
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Hey bl_dg

I did the swap. I ended up keeping the wideglide turn signals hooked up as turn and brake lights. I spliced the brake light into the harness before the turn signal brake light modulator box. So now I have three brakelights in the back. All the other things bolt right up. Any questions let me know. Here are a couple of pics of my bike.

Attached Thumbnails Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide-img_0180.jpg   Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide-img_0176.jpg  
Old 07-14-2012, 04:19 PM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

I really like the way that fender looks on the Wide Glide better than the stock fender.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:21 PM
Steel Steed
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Awesome! It's a real Wide Glide!

What seat is that?

Old 07-14-2012, 04:33 PM
quint8
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts

Thanks for the compliments. Best part of it was that I was able to do a swap with a Fatbob owner from the forum so it didn't cost a thing! The seat is a Mustang Regal Duke. I just did 3000 miles in 6 days and the seat was awesome.

Old 07-14-2012, 04:54 PM
blacknsilver
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks great with that fender!

Old 07-22-2012, 08:34 PM
bl_dg
Tourer

Done... almost. Got the fender on, but one issue. The Wide Glide fender support has extra material at the back for the side license plate mount. So now the fender support cover won't fit. What the h*##, H-D... the one model that ALWAYS had the bobtail fender is now the only one that CAN'T take the bobtail fender. Somebody in Marketing should be canned.

Also, mounted the Switchback seat.

Here are some pics:

Quick Reply: Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide