Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2012, 09:34 PM
NC-WG2011
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dremmel that tab off the strut that's what I did to mine

Old 07-22-2012, 09:44 PM
EricInNCa
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

I like it! While many are abandoning the bobtail fender, it's refreshing to see someone taking it back where it belongs! Nice!

Old 07-23-2012, 06:49 AM
AFONE
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Love the fender, hate the seat (looks compfy but huge). Fender looks much better than the current stocker.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:04 PM
quint8
Tourer
Received 63 Likes on 33 Posts
Smile

I used a hack saw and just cut the tab off.

Old 07-23-2012, 05:08 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

cut the tab off or notch the strut cover...........

Old 08-14-2012, 08:28 AM
RRose13886
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey!!! Thats my fender! Looks good man. I'm getting the WG one back from the painter either tomorrow or Thurs. I'll post pics when it's back together.

Old 08-14-2012, 09:35 PM
Broken Wing
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by RRose13886
Hey!!! Thats my fender! Looks good man. I'm getting the WG one back from the painter either tomorrow or Thurs. I'll post pics when it's back together.
Dang, you beat me to this trade. Was the side plate mount part of it? Did you do a fit-up before sending it out for paint? If so, how did that go?
I'd really like to see some pics & get details of the install process, electrical, etc.

Old 08-15-2012, 12:20 PM
RRose13886
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Broken Wing
Dang, you beat me to this trade. Was the side plate mount part of it? Did you do a fit-up before sending it out for paint? If so, how did that go?
I'd really like to see some pics & get details of the install process, electrical, etc.
Sorry buddy, The side plate mount was indeed part of it. The only thing that wasn't was the stock WG sissy bar. Which I wasn't interested in anyway. I did not to a fit test before paint because I have a buddy that has done the same swap and I knew it all just bolts right back on. Taking the stock fender off took me about 30 mins and I was taking my time. As for the electrical I had to buy the run/turn/brake module to make the tail lights work as needed since I no longer have the center brake light. I did test the electrical and it all works perfect. I have to figure out something with the side mount plate but I'll worry about that when I get the fender back from paint. I think I'm gonna just run the wiring from under the seat along the underside of the fender by the fender strut in a wire loom or something. I'll post some pics when I get it back together.

Old 08-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Craigmier
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Looks like the older wide glide fender, very cool. Old school looks, new school motor and bells and whistles !

Old 08-15-2012, 06:50 PM
Romark
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any bike that is called a Wide Glide should have the fat Bob fender from factory! Great looking conversion guys. Making you bike look the way it should. I have never been a fan of the "new design". Guess I'm an old guy. Or maybe I'm just partial to the Wide Glide.

Walked into my local dealer last week to pick up my bike from getting my engine mods and a sales person"attacked" me asking how old my bike is. When I said it's an '07, he said "It's about time to trade up. I can put you into one of these new design Wide Glides." I was trying not to be rude but he kept pushing until I replied the "new design" sucks in my opinion. I like the original style. He didn't say anything else.

Quick Reply: Fat Bob fender on a Wide Glide