Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

question on FuelMoto PV/Stage 1 package with stock pipes

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2012, 03:52 AM
blueridge
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default question on FuelMoto PV/Stage 1 package with stock pipes

I am probably going to order the $549 package from Fuel Moto and get it installed because this bike is busting my ***** in the heat wave we have been having. Summer is still 3 months on so I thought I might as well get this and installed. I want to wait for the exhaust as I save some money. Jamie says this package will work with the pipes on the bike now as he has a calibration program for this and I can always get another calibration when I get the exhaust. Don't really want to gget the slip ons and then eventually buy the full exhaust and have these pipes laying around my garage and slipping over the exhaust pipes LOL.

So will this package get the bike cooler with the factory exhaust? Has anyone done this before buying the exhaust? Would you suggest just buying the whole system at once as opposed to getting this package of PV and Stage 1 without the exhaust for now?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Foxster
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

If all you want is to cool the bike down a bit but plan on making some changes in the future then just fit a pair of $100 Xieds. Will drop the engine temp like you want and when you have finished with the changes you can get a proper tuner at some point and sell on the Xieds.

Old 07-04-2012, 07:01 AM
Prodriverdon
Road Master

Get the whole pkg. if you have the $. Why wait...

Old 07-04-2012, 07:09 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

Originally Posted by blueridge
I am probably going to order the $549 package from Fuel Moto and get it installed because this bike is busting my ***** in the heat wave we have been having. Summer is still 3 months on so I thought I might as well get this and installed. I want to wait for the exhaust as I save some money. Jamie says this package will work with the pipes on the bike now as he has a calibration program for this and I can always get another calibration when I get the exhaust. Don't really want to gget the slip ons and then eventually buy the full exhaust and have these pipes laying around my garage and slipping over the exhaust pipes LOL.

So will this package get the bike cooler with the factory exhaust? Has anyone done this before buying the exhaust? Would you suggest just buying the whole system at once as opposed to getting this package of PV and Stage 1 without the exhaust for now?
Yes it will cool the motor down and also give you the flexibility for future changes. Sometimes good deals show up on this forum for used mufflers.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:14 PM
seanl
Road Master
Received 373 Likes on 210 Posts

I just installed the basic Stage 1 Package (4" jackpots, PC-V, FM air cleaner) on my catalyst equipped '10 and the temp drop is quite noticeable, esp. when tooling around stop and go city streets.

The Fuel Moto headpipe is still on backorder, but that's going on as soon as I receive it. I would expect the removal of the cat to drop temps even further. I've been riding a '93 FXRS for 19 years, so that's my baseline/standard. If I can get my RKC close to that, I'll be very pleased.

Old 07-04-2012, 02:12 PM
Chicago Ken
Road Warrior
Received 350 Likes on 162 Posts

The newer bikes have a cat in the mufflers or in the head pipes. I don't see it drop the temp that much until you get rid of the cats. Tunning will take away some of the heat from a lean tune how much of a difference it makes is debatable.
Convertors are made to run hot to begin with to burn off remaining combustion emissions, I'm sure others will say different. A plugged up convertor will glow cherry red if you need further proof of their heat generating nature.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Quickster2
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cooler yes, better performance yes.

Went with FuelMoto PCV for my 2004 FXDLI. Would recommend this too anyone. My bike had the full Stage 1 kit and was running noticeably lean and hot with the HD ECM flash? Put the PCV with the canned map from FuelMoto and bike is now not lean and hot and performs better across the full RPM range? I am sold!

Old 07-04-2012, 11:32 PM
Orange Smoothie
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just installed a PowerDuals headpipe this weekend on my FLHTK and I am very happy with it. Got a new SE ventilator and FuelMoto PCV and it came set up perfectly! It cooled the bike down and it runs and sounds like a 103 should. I kept the factory mufflers and it sounds good to me like this, not loud, but not quiet anymore either. I could always replace them later, but don't think I will. BTW pipe from dennis K was cheaper than most other places. Also very easy to change. Don't forget to buy plugs for the 02 sensors, you won't use them anymore!

Old 07-06-2012, 08:20 AM
blueridge
Tourer

Well it looks like I best buy the while package including the exhaust. Jamie says can install the FM air filter and PV with stock pipes and it will help although as someone said the cat in the stock pipes is a limiting factor. I would think the bike would cool down a bit with the PV and FM Air filter because I would be able to contril the lean fuel that EPA mandates with the calibration I get from Jamie. Regardless the ppes I am interested in is going to be another $500 so we will see. Will probably order in a week. And I need to get a laptop as my wife does not want my bike in the family room next to the computer LOL.