Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipe's for new Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 05:05 PM
TireStud
2nd Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pipe's for new Dyna

I have just purchased my first Harley. It is a Dyna Wide Glide 2007. A friend has told me that I should get pipes for it. I am wondering what you would recommend for this particular model. The dealer sells screaming eagle slip ons. What would the differences be between the stock pipes, screaming eagle or other pipes. Would they be louder or give me more performance, etc.

Any help would be appriciated,

TireStud

Old 01-12-2007, 05:20 PM
phreak
Road Master
Default RE: Pipe's for new Dyna

oh man!

phirst off, welcome to hdf. when it comes to the pipes question, there are soooo many different answers.

yes, screaming eagle (SE) slip-on mufflers will give you more sound, and a bit better performance, but they will empty your wallet. there are other after market pipes that will do the same phor you phor less $$.

or you can go with a phull exhaust system, like a V&H or a 2 into 1 pipe.

so many options. look around at pix of bikes, go to your local bike night, look and listen. don't settle phor the SE mufflers just cause the dealer sells them, unless you truly like the look and sound.

but that's just my 2 cents.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:52 PM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the forum. Tons of info. on this site about pipes. I think my first ever post was a similar question. Do some searching around this forum and you should fine the ansewers your looking for.

Old 01-12-2007, 06:08 PM
jackyl
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

have fun decideing,thier are tons of options.do some reading on the forum thier is tons of threads about pipes and stuff.welcome to the forum from detroit

Old 01-12-2007, 10:19 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If I had it to again, I'd buy V&H Side Shots. They make a bike look fast sitting still.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:25 PM
Cav
Road Warrior

Do you think you need different pipes? Why, apart from a friend telling you so?

I mention it because I have an '07 Dyna...my seventh Harley since '75 (of which I built up five admittedly changing pipes on most) but I'm not sure I'm touching the oneson this one because I'm not convinced it needs it.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:41 PM
Shrug
Elite HDF Member

I couldn't deal with the sewing machine sound of my stock '06 and I wanted a little more low end snap. I ride about 100 miles a day to my office and back on a dangerous freeway in Dallas. Loud pipes are absolutely necessary because drivers around here are pretty much clueless to the world outside their cage.

Old 01-12-2007, 10:44 PM
toyrider
Elite HDF Member

I agree with some of the above..tons of opinions and posts on pipes...I think jackyl started a thread about pics of pipes (I think)

I orginally went with a set of SE pipes, but then switched to V&H Big Radius Pipes. Not that the SE didn't look good, just liked the sound of Big Radius over the SE...but again, just my opinion.

I see also that V&H make the Big Radius into a 2-1

Good luck with whatever you decide to go with

Old 01-12-2007, 10:46 PM
stbob
Tourer

Welcome to the forum. There is a lot of great info and people here. I think Phreak summed it up pretty well. I would get a full exhaust system. But it really depends on what u are looking to get. Performance? Sound? Looks? We could go on for days. Just look around and get out and see and hear other pipes.

Old 01-12-2007, 11:16 PM
glideridemike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 261 Likes on 86 Posts

I have the V&H 2 into 1 Pro pipe and it sounds awesome. It has the quieter baffles in it, so its not real loud when its not under a load, but when it is, she barks loud. It has added alot of low end torque. Added the stage I kit and recalibrated the carb and it is a real torquer.

Quick Reply: Pipe's for new Dyna