Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pipe's for new Dyna

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 11:50 PM
jharp
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pipe's for new Dyna

I've got the screamin eagle slip on's, they sound better than stock but still not very loud. You'll need to listen to different exhaust and determine what sound your after, and what style.

Jim

Old 01-13-2007, 02:12 AM
jimk1946
1st Gear

Just bought a new 07 SB and along with a 103 kit put on a set of 2-1 D&D's. Loooovemmmm. Loud and lots of power. The sound I've been searching for for 25 years. Just my opinion but I'm sure satisified. Bud has VH's and loves them.

Old 01-13-2007, 04:25 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master

Pipes are changed out first by many folks. You will generally getgains in performance, sound and looks if you purchase wisely and also modify your air intake system to accomodate the new pipes.

I and many, many others are partial to Vance&Hines. Best sound I have ever heard out of a Harley IMO.

Have fun and good luck!!!

Old 01-13-2007, 04:40 AM
bluepaul
2nd Gear

I fitted V & H Straightshots HS slip ons to my 07 Bob. It took me 20mins to swap them over and they sound ace. I am well happy and still grinning from ear to ear.

The local dealer (Birmingham Harley) wanted over £700 for the SE slip ons (**** off, was the first words out of my mouth) Got the V& H ones for £230 inc delivery which makes the sound all that much sweeter !

Old 01-13-2007, 04:54 AM
Slayer
Cruiser

Most multi-vehicle motorcycle accidents happen because the cagers say they didn't see the motorcyclists. A loud exhaust helps get you noticed by drivers and may just help avoid a game of full-contact driving. That being said, it doesn't necessarily cut through a blaring stereo or somebody yapping on their cell phone while driving.

Loud pipes save lives.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:22 AM
htc
Tourer

Hi bluepaul! I'm looking for a relatively cheap solution for a Harley sound and You just told one I believe. Are the slip onesyour only change towards the stage one? No remapping? No new air? Do you have the quiet baffles? I have a 07 Dyna Custom with original noise ;-) Not happy. I might order the same slip ones from States and the euro exchange rate helps also. Here in Finland the price tag is just about the same as yours witch is pretty high.

Old 01-13-2007, 07:46 AM
mikeurig
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the jungle.

By changing pipes, air cleaner and getting some sort of fuel manager(which has been discussed til death) will increase your hp and tq. about 10%
As someone else stated, go to the local bike meet or go to a dealer and listen to the many options out there. Pick one that you like, just don't get drag pipes, they're only good at the drag strip.
Good luck with the new ride.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:34 PM
bluepaul
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: htc

Hi bluepaul! I'm looking for a relatively cheap solution for a Harley sound and You just told one I believe. Are the slip onesyour only change towards the stage one? No remapping? No new air? Do you have the quiet baffles? I have a 07 Dyna Custom with original noise ;-) Not happy. I might order the same slip ones from States and the euro exchange rate helps also. Here in Finland the price tag is just about the same as yours witch is pretty high.
Hi. The V & H Straightshots came from Sweden and are worth every penny. I havent changed anything else as it is the sound I wanted and the power is more than enough for my style of riding. I havent noticed any differance in fuel consumption or throttle response or anything else for that matter - Just a F***ING glorious sound

Old 01-13-2007, 12:47 PM
htc
Tourer

And now the anavoidable question ;-) Sweden? You see, we Finns don't order anything from Sweden unless the situation is tough. Lack of those pipes would considered as tough ;-) Was it some kind of web store you used? BTW, I agree with the power and like you I'm looking for the neighbourhood terror ;-)

Old 01-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Chipstah
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the forum!

Good question (and it has been discussed a bit before and I've read most all of them!)). Just bought a new Street Bob and researched here, on other forums, and talked w/friends a lot before getting Vance and Hines Short Shots. Had a particular 'look' and sound I wanted for my Bob. Used the Quiet baffles w/SE Stage 1 intake and K&N filter, installed SERT and remapped. Likely will get it dyno'ed in the Spring to maximize the performance gains.

Love the sound and performance with the Short Shots. Great Harley rumble and good low end response. Also removed heat shields and wrapped them w/black exhaust wrap, so mine look a bit different than out of the box V&Hs.

Didn't care for the stock pipes nor the slip-ons. Looked a long time at other pipes, but most were way expensive ($500-$800) for a full system. But those have a bit more low end performance gain as they're 2into1's or have crossovers. The Short Shots don't and that's probably why they're about 1/2 the cost (around $250-$275 online), plus they're shorter, so less material needed to make 'em.

Just be careful you get ones designed for your year and model, as '06/'07 have O2 sensors (not an issue I'm told with the Power Commander but is with the SERT). Also am told you lose low end torque if you run drag style pipes w/o baffles.

J&P has about the best website showing almost every pipe made if you need ideas. Enjoy the hunt!
Chip

Quick Reply: Pipe's for new Dyna