Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2007, 01:40 AM
Phil K
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?

All i can say is my old 79 Sportster was good off the line,but petered out at 105....my Bob on the other hand,is still pulling strong well after that.I think a good running Stage1 Dyna may give a Sporty a run for the $.Never ridden a 1200 Sporty though.....much difference between a 1200 and a 1000cc Sporty?

Old 01-13-2007, 01:43 AM
mud
muderator
Received 9,091 Likes on 2,117 Posts

ORIGINAL: hep0950

My question, does it really matter?
I don't think they are that far apart and the Dyna is a great combination of two worlds.
The near handling and speed of a sportster and the comfort of a bigger bike on the highways.
Well put hep.

mud

Old 01-13-2007, 04:36 AM
2BKFXDL
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I suppose the question was asked in the context of both bikes being stock so it is hard for me to reply in that manner as my bike is far from stock. In fact, I never rode her stock since she was orderd while I was overseas and modified to my specs before my tour ended and I rotated home.

My bike is incredibly fast and will easily hit 125mph....ball haulin' quick!

I outrun, out stop light to stop light, and out corner every buddy I ride with whether they are on Road Kings, Heritages, Wide Glides or metric bikes.....in that class, I own em', plus I have been riding for 35 years.

Sportsters are awesome bikes but I can't objectively answer your question.

Old 01-13-2007, 05:28 AM
htc
Tourer

For the simple question, witch is faster the answer is Sportster (IMHO). I have 1200 R (2004) AND Dyna Custom (2007) in my garage and at least my butt tells me the answer being like that. I would like to imagine that less weight will do it (equal horsepower). Sportsters have Buell cams and more power after 2004 and at least I have been beyond 120 MPH but didn't have the guts to look rpm... ;-)

Old 01-13-2007, 06:34 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

ORIGINAL: hep0950

My question, does it really matter? I don't think they are that far apart and the Dyna is a great combination of two worlds. The near handling and speed of a sportster and the comfort of a bigger bike on the highways.
well put my cousin has a 1200 custom sporty i have a street bob he can get me from red light to redlight and i get him on the highway we trade off bikes everyonce in a while while were riding

Old 01-13-2007, 07:55 AM
jamman
Road Master

I've made a few Sporty owners believers..

Old 01-13-2007, 08:46 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Sporty is 100 lbs. lighter.....

Old 01-13-2007, 01:18 PM
grizzly
Road Master

LOL, this is actually kind of funny...ask the same question on the sportster page and the the view would be a little different. I guess all that REALLY maters is a person is happy with their bike. If speed is all we where concerned with we would be be riding crotch rockets!

Each bike has its characteristics where it shines. Each rider has preferences that are more important to them. I must agree that the Dyna is the most versital, sort of a combination of everything wrapped up in to one. I guess thats one thing I love about them so much.

Old 01-13-2007, 09:53 PM
Sandhog
Road Warrior
Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Both being stock the sporty would win in the 1/4
Topside the twinkie would come in with more *** in the top end.
Now I have built my FXRS and Itll run with most at least untill I run out of horses before the bike does(Im getting older..LOL)
For a builders street stomper,man Id like to try a 1200 sporty with heads branched out and dubbleshot nitrous hooked to the horn.WOW.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:41 PM
06dynablack
Road Warrior

All i can say is my old 79 Sportster was good off the line,but petered out at 105....my Bob on the other hand,is still pulling strong well after that.I think a good running Stage1 Dyna may give a Sporty a run for the $.Never ridden a 1200 Sporty though.....much difference between a 1200 and a 1000cc Sporty?

night and day between a 1000 and 1200 sporty

Quick Reply: What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?