Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 03:57 AM
AZ Rider
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?

I'd be close.

Old 01-12-2007, 05:12 AM
grizzly
Road Master

Well, I have an 03 1200, and a 06 WG in the stable. The Sporty, without doubt, will beat the WG off the line. I would bet it would beat it all the way up to 80-90 mph. At that point though, the heavy more stable dyna will start to shine. Light to light, and quick races I would bet on the sporty. Rolling down the highway, then twisting the throttle, my money is on the Dyna. Ofcourse, this is with rider skils being equal. I havent rode the 04 and newer Sportsters. I personally (and this is all opinion) think the newer 04 and up Sportsters are mini Dynas. (excluding the R models.) I am biased because I like the older Sportsters. My aging body however prefers to stretch out on the WG!

Old 01-12-2007, 09:10 AM
RudeDog
Road Warrior
Received 14 Likes on 2 Posts

A buddy of mine has a SE equipped Sportster (dual plug heads and all) When I took that thing for a ride I was Super impressed, 0 - 60 in 2 city blocks! My Dyna isn't going to do that (yet).

Old 01-12-2007, 09:18 AM
nidan
Road Warrior

My wife has an 05 1200C and stock itis considerbly quicker than my Dyna was, on the flats anyway. Almost as much hp and a lot less weight. Now pulling up a long grade , no contest , the sporty doesn't have the torque. Now that my Dyna is Stage IV torque 95" it's a slightly different story.

Old 01-12-2007, 09:19 AM
gliderider
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ORIGINAL: RudeDog

A buddy of mine has a SE equipped Sportster (dual plug heads and all) When I took that thing for a ride I was Super impressed, 0 - 60 in 2 city blocks! My Dyna isn't going to do that (yet).
2 city blocks? Did you miss a shift or something?

Old 01-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Naz_Man
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a friend that rides a 2003 Sportster Sport and I smoke him every time he tries to race me!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:04 AM
HOGRIDA_06
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

ORIGINAL: Naz_Man

I have a friend that rides a 2003 Sportster Sport and I smoke him every time he tries to race me!
The guy I do most of my riding with has a 1200C and he smokes me at every light. I only win if he misses the light or a shift. At the same time he's been on two wheels since he was 6 yrs. old and I only have a few years under my belt. This summer we'll have to trade bikes for a couple of races, that will be the only way to tell.

Old 01-12-2007, 08:26 PM
mcro
Advanced

Tie the rear ends together and play tug of war. The outcome would be quite different.

Old 01-13-2007, 12:48 AM
grizzly
Road Master

Ihave a buddy who is a sportster fanatic...this post remind me of him always saying "it takes 4 cams to win" Sportsters arre fast. That is what they are built for. The notion that they are girls bikes or starter bikes is actually quite far from the truth. Speaking od fast though, those V rods HAUL A$$!!! I have never rode on, and really dont care for the look, but I would like to have one for a weekend....

Old 01-13-2007, 12:59 AM
hep0950
Tourer

My question, does it really matter? I don't think they are that far apart and the Dyna is a great combination of two worlds. The near handling and speed of a sportster and the comfort of a bigger bike on the highways.

Quick Reply: What is faster? Dyna or Sporty?