Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

damn samson pipes

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2012 | 07:43 PM
tnkrizzo
Intermediate

My last bike, a 06 V-Rod Street Rod had Samson Caliber's on it and the welds broke within the first 100 miles. Called Samson and NOTHING. Rewelded them 2 more times before I finally traded the bike in on my '12 Dyna Wide Glide. Pi$$ed me of to no end...GET IT RIGHT!

Old 06-20-2012 | 08:14 PM
Samson_tech
Former Sponsor

Hello everyone,
If anyone has any type of problem with Samson pipes please give us a call so we can help you. We do want to make everything OK if there are any problems at all.
Thank you,
JR

Old 06-20-2012 | 11:31 PM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Before vendor bashing starts let me chime in.

I had problems not one, not two, but three times with samson pipes. I/my indy shop dealt with Samson the first two times my pipes broke and the people over at Samson were nothing if not curteous and helpful. They warrantied pipes for me the first time, and even gave me a new warranty on the new pipes which came in handy a year later, when they honored said warranty again and gave me a third set of pipes.

Now I don't know what was causing the problems with my pipes and having them crack. Ive chased all the usual gremlins...mounts are ok, no insane heat, pipes installed correctly nothing binding, etc. Maybe the fit is slightly off, I don't know. The pipes looked great, sounded better, but kept breaking.

That's just my .02. I couldn't let this thread devolve into people telling stories of their brothers wife's uncles neighbor having bad experiences with Samson. They were stand up people who worked with me to make things right when I had a problem with their product.

It would be nice if people who had issues with products focused their energies into contacting the company and seeing what can be done rather than spend their time typing up what happened on the forums. Amazing what can be accomplished with a level headed phone call. Perhaps then, this thread would read..."Samson pipes broke, company bent over backwards to make things right".

Old 06-20-2012 | 11:58 PM
APEDnLOW
|
Intermediate

funny you should say that toastman, I tried multiple times with multiple phone calls to multiple samsom employees and got nowhere and just re-welded them myself a couple times.
BUT...After this thread started I DID get GREAT service from them and was WELL taken care of and believe me i would have much rather (and tried to) have the "level headed phone call" but this is what it came to.
when all is said and done i may actually start a thread named samson pipes broke company bent over backwards to make it right because that is how it's going now...

Old 06-21-2012 | 12:01 AM
toastman
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by APEDnLOW
funny you should say that toastman, I tried multiple times with multiple phone calls to multiple samsom employees and got nowhere and just re-welded them myself a couple times.
BUT...After this thread started I DID get GREAT service from them and was WELL taken care of and believe me i would have much rather (and tried to) have the "level headed phone call" but this is what it came to.
when all is said and done i may actually start a thread named samson pipes broke company bent over backwards to make it right because that is how it's going now...
Glad to hear it's working out.

For the record I was speaking more in generalities and didn't mean for you to feel singled out by what i said.

Old 06-21-2012 | 11:40 PM
APEDnLOW
|
Intermediate

No worries and I really like your bike too by the way...