Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Model years to fit my exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2012, 09:58 PM
TheyCallMeJeezy
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Model years to fit my exhaust?

New to the forum....so HEY! I'm James.

I just upgraded from a Sportster to a Super Glide and so far I love it! It came with V&H 2-2 big radius exhaust but its really just too loud for me. I've got some baffles (smartpartz hard kore) on the way to see if it quiets it down some, but if that fails, what year/model stock exhaust setups will fit this bike (aside from 2006 SG)?

Thanks guys.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:17 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by TheyCallMeJeezy
New to the forum....so HEY! I'm James.

I just upgraded from a Sportster to a Super Glide and so far I love it! It came with V&H 2-2 big radius exhaust but its really just too loud for me. I've got some baffles (smartpartz hard kore) on the way to see if it quiets it down some, but if that fails, what year/model stock exhaust setups will fit this bike (aside from 2006 SG)?

Thanks guys.
We are safe to assume the bike is a 2006??? If so 2006 and newer Dyna's will fit but when you get to the newer models, 2012 I think, the oxygen sensor bungs are a different size.

Old 06-14-2012, 11:53 PM
TheyCallMeJeezy
Intermediate

durr, yeah sorry. Mine is a 2006. Thanks for the reply.

Old 06-15-2012, 08:59 AM
PoCoBob
Road Master
Received 392 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey James. Welcome aboard. Let us know how the hardcore baffles work. I'm like you and don't like the overly loud pipes, but love the looks of some of the aftermarket pipes out there. Right now I have the EPA SEII pipes and like them, but they won't last forever and I would like more options when it's time to replace them.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
TheyCallMeJeezy
Intermediate

The baffles definitely reduce the noise but I had to remap due to some increased decel popping and backfiring. I think whoever set up the big radius pipes didn't do a great job. I'm still not happy so I'm going back to stock.

I've gotten conflicting results from dealers as to which years exhaust will fit a 2006 super glide. Some say 99-06, some say 06-11. Guess I'll flip a coin.

Old 06-27-2012, 09:44 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master

The baffles definitely reduce the noise but I had to remap due to some increased decel popping and backfiring. I think whoever set up the big radius pipes didn't do a great job. I'm still not happy so I'm going back to stock.

I've gotten conflicting results from dealers as to which years exhaust will fit a 2006 super glide. Some say 99-06, some say 06-11. Guess I'll flip a coin.
The frame was re-designed between 05 & 06. I can't see how something 05 or prior could fit your bike (or mine).

Old 06-27-2012, 10:03 PM
PoCoBob
Road Master

TCMJ Try looking for this part number 80418-06. They are what I have, they are louder than stock but are not loud. They have been discontinued by Harley because nobody wanted them as they are not loud enough for most people. Do a search on ebay, I bet you could find a brand new set at a decent price.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:07 PM
TheyCallMeJeezy
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Blaster
TCMJ Try looking for this part number 80418-06. They are what I have, they are louder than stock but are not loud. They have been discontinued by Harley because nobody wanted them as they are not loud enough for most people. Do a search on ebay, I bet you could find a brand new set at a decent price.
Thanks for the idea. I still have to find header pipes to fit my year though.

I found some from a 2007 SG so that's where I'll start.

Old 06-27-2012, 11:09 PM
ackman1968
Elite HDF Member
Received 21 Likes on 20 Posts

2006 and newer will be direct bolt ons with the exception of the oxygen sensors. I can't quote an exact year but the changed the port size that the sensor goes into, I believe it was somewhere between 2010-12.

Originally Posted by Blaster
The frame was re-designed between 05 & 06. I can't see how something 05 or prior could fit your bike (or mine).
You have to get creative but the exhaust can go both ways, old on new and new on old. I have a set of Cobra Dragsters that I ran on mine that were for 2005 and earlier. I had to modify the support bracket where it bolts to the transmission. Another thing to be aware of is certain pipes will block your oil fill cap.

Old 06-28-2012, 02:18 AM
stev0n
Road Master

90's - 2011 will fit your bike. If it's from an 05 or older, you'll have to have o2 bungs welded in (about $20 at exhaust shop).

I ran pipes from an early 2000's model dyna on my 08 for a year. everything bolted right up. I re-used my stock transmission bracket. No cutting, drilling, bending, or anything.

Quick Reply: Model years to fit my exhaust?