Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to get SERT maps

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 11:26 PM
clayman
|
Road Master
Default RE: Where to get SERT maps

I just got the map that i was waiting for, it is for an 06 dyna with Vance and Hines Big Shot Staggerds and the screaming eagle air cleaner. They are maps created on a dyno for customers, they apperently have many different ones available. I guess what they are doing is reselling maps, so the first guy goes in and spends the money on the dyno then they might as well sell it over and over again. Good for them for taking advantage of an opportunity and filling a need. I paid $45 for it and would gladley give it to anybody that wants it. But what could be better than being able to click on a thread and scroll through find the map that best fits your set up and try it out. There seems to be alot of people that buy the SERT so why not have the maps available. Plus i asked for dyno numbers and he sent them with the chart. So how do we get this done ANYBODY know

Old 01-11-2007 | 11:30 PM
mud
muderator
Riders Club Member

ORIGINAL: clayman
.................................................. .............
So how do we get this done ANYBODY know
Start a thread on this topic???

just a wild guess.

mud

Old 01-11-2007 | 11:32 PM
clayman
|
Road Master

I think i did !!

Old 01-13-2007 | 06:20 AM
CobraSnake
Cruiser

hey clayman on a different note where did you get those tank badges i really like yours.
thanks

Old 01-13-2007 | 05:28 PM
clayman
|
Road Master

I got them from the dealer, if you have the harley parts catalouge you will find them in there, plus i think they are in the J&P catalogue

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:22 AM
azmadman00
Stage I

Found this site: Have not tried any of these so, post your experience:

http://www.edelbrock.com/motorcycle/...libration.html

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:40 AM
mud
muderator
Riders Club Member

ORIGINAL: azmadman00

Found this site: Have not tried any of these so, post your experience:

http://www.edelbrock.com/motorcycle/...libration.html

Interesting, yes indeed.

Where's the dyna maps madman??

And where's the 95 inch stuff??

Good find, but.

Edelbrock is a well respected name - wonder how good this sheet is.

mud

Old 05-09-2007 | 02:50 AM
Timmer
Road Captain

Clay, there's a whole bunch of maps here at ( what the hell?). EFI Map forum. Won't let me type it in. It's v -twin forums. comTim

Old 05-09-2007 | 05:14 AM
06FXDCIRider
Cruiser

The only problem I see is sharing maps that have to be paid for by someone. The guys that make a living selling those maps aren't going to be very favorably impressed about us building SERT libraries. I think it would be an incredible resource, but it's probably going to cause some waves. It doesn't matter to me, but I know there's always someone out there that might start bitchin' about copyright this and that. I know I used Napster but then that went down the tubes. At least the freebie part did. Where money is involved things can get sticky.

If the maps are public domain, i.e. freebies on other websites, then there shouldn't be any problem with putting together anHDForums library of maps and web sites. I'm looking forward to seeing itstarted up.

Old 07-26-2007 | 12:52 AM
SeaHag
Road Master

I would think that once you've paid for your dyno tune, you own the rights to your own map....what you do with it, whether to share it freely or not, is up to the purchaser. Personally, I would have no problem sharing mine [provided I knew what the heck I was doing...but I'll get that figured out]

I just recently bought a 2005 roadglide with the following build:
98" revperf motor
GMR CNC ported heads
SE air cleaner
Hb125
SE clutch spring
and SERT.

The bike has been dyno tuned, by a dealer I tried myself and lost all confidence in. Had my FLHT dyno'd by them and mileage was a lousy 30mpg...Had Mike Roland redo the same bike this April and was getting as high as 48mpg while making a few more hp...

So I've been 'monitoring' the performance in terms of mileage and smooth operation with my new bike and I think there was some 'left on the table' so to speak. My mpg runs about 37mpg no matter how well it is babied...even using cruise control at a steady 60mph...PLUS when I am in a lower gear in town and trying to hold steady 20-30mph speeds under light load, there seems to be a little surging. My old FLHT had the same problem, which was completely cured by the Roland dyno tune. I suspect its steady state cruise settings are rich, like my carbed bike was....which is killing my gas mileage.

Anyway, I am a complete rookie with this whole EFI/SERT stuff. I understand you can upload a new map, or look at the tables and 'play' with the settings while plugged into your bike. I'm assuming I will need a laptop for this??? I can borrow one, but I'd like to have a few "GOOD MAPS" to compare to mine and possibly try out while I borrow a friends laptop.

BTW: any tips for using the SERT software etc. would be appreciated...I'm not an idiot, just inexperienced....TIA[/align]

Quick Reply: Where to get SERT maps