Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stage one ideas for FXDC?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012, 08:23 PM
tr8785
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Stage one ideas for FXDC?

Hey there everyone. I just bought my first bike stock from the dealer. I'm in love. I'm new to this whole thing and already have the itch. I'm looking for advice on parts to buy for a stage one upgrade. Any advice or input would be greatly appreciated!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:20 AM
bostock1957
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stage 1 stuff

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the forum!

As far as stage 1 stuff goes on the FXDC, on my 2011 FXDC I went with the Screaming Eagle Air Cleaner, reused the original AC cover. Then went with Vance & Hines Twin Slash slip on mufflers and got the Screaming Eagle Pro Super Tuner. You'll need some sort of tuner and you'll get all kinds of them recommended because you'll want to raise the Air/Fuel ratio to make the mixture run a little richer because they are set too lean at the factory which causes the engine to run hotter than it needs to, thanks to the good ole EPA and govt. intervention. My bike runs cooler now and had it dyno'd and it's putting out 74hp and 86torque, which is about average for these mods. Next thing I'm going is a full exhaust system like the V&H 2into1 Big Radius pipes which will give more torque. After the above mods though I did get better throttle response and it ran cooler like I said, so I'm happy with those mods for now but working towards cams and 2into1 exhaust next.

Good luck with the mods and with your bike. Ride safe and watch out for the others cause most of them won't watch out for you!

Old 06-13-2012, 12:44 AM
stevieg
Road Warrior

Yep, you'll get lots of advice here. What bostock said is as good as any. The dealers will want to sell you the SERT and with the SE Slipons and A/C you'll have all HD parts and you won't negate your warranty and should run well.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:57 AM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,224 Likes on 2,458 Posts

Here are some good HiFlow Air Cleaner options for a Stage 1

A pic of just one option shown at the link above

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 06-13-2012, 04:07 AM
bfoster613
Intermediate

Welcome to the forum and Congrats on the new bike. On my 2011 FXDC I went with the SE air cleaner, SE super tuner and a Thunderheader. Bike runs great and runs cooler.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:13 AM
DonN
Road Warrior
Received 207 Likes on 141 Posts

+1 on the above. For a bit more dollars, you might want to consider a mild cam, such as a SE 204. If your going to add a tuner and Dyno, then add the cam before hand to save on multiple tunes.

Old 06-13-2012, 04:56 AM
maddghost
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Hi and welcome! I know the feeling of loving that new bike! But, and I say this to everyone, If you already have the itch to upgrade then trust me and do not waste money on slip-on muffs. They will wind up on a shelf or sold for cheap.Good slip-ons will cost you as much as a full new system for which the place to look is ebay- all kinds of dealers looking to sell off closeouts there! The air cleaner, you can choose any style you like as long as it's high flow it won't need to be upgraded if or when you mod again.
Fuel well I am completely sold on the powervision, again this will never need upgradeing just tweaking and new maps for future mods.
NONE of this will void your warranty.
I highly recommend giving fuelmotousa.usa a call and see what they have to offer in closeouts and package deals. They will give you great service and support for years to come!

Last edited by maddghost; 06-13-2012 at 04:59 AM.
Old 06-14-2012, 10:58 AM
tr8785
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey everyone, thanks for all the great advice! I just got off the phone with fuelmoto. They were incredibly helpful. I'm going to do some research on what pipes I want. I'm looking forward to the extra horsepower gain. Although now you guys have me looking into cams a well. I think I've found my new passion. I'm so glad there is a forum out there full of knowledgable riders!

Old 06-14-2012, 11:19 AM
craig11dyna
Tourer

Congrats and good luck with your new Dyna. I know you'll love it.
Another way to go if you have limited $$$ to spend is the Xied plug and play fuel enrichment resistors. They are about $100 and are simple to plug into the original wiring. You can get by without any additional tuning with just slip on pipes but when you do both pipes and air cleaner intake you will run to lean. The Xied's are a good, less expensive alternative. However, nothing beats a dyno tune. As stated above they run lean and hot from the factory and one of the positive results is better fuel mileage. You will loose about 20% mileage when you go stage 1 with some sort of tuning.

Last edited by craig11dyna; 06-14-2012 at 02:07 PM.
Old 06-14-2012, 01:50 PM
squarej
Cruiser

I got my setup from Fuel Moto
V&H pipes, FM branded PC3, FM high flow A/C and cover.
Very Happy. Really want the 107 build and dyno tune now.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: Stage one ideas for FXDC?