Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

casual street bob build. rsd clip-ons, progressive suspension...

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2012 | 04:02 PM
rdmption
|
Cruiser
Default casual street bob build. rsd clip-ons, progressive suspension...

So, I was sitting at home shopping around for a project bike and decided instead of sinking thousands of dollars into another bike why not put a little into what I already have and experiment.

I wanted to try something radical that many don't attempt so I used the RSD Dyna as inspiration.

I ordered RSD clip-ons, progressive 412s and the drop in fork kit, OEM HD signal relocation kit, and a Kuryakyn smoked taillight. I assumed it would be a breeze and take me a full day, but I was wrong. It's always the little things that require the most time. Plus it doesn't help that I was limited to natural light and no toolbox (I had to make trips to the garage to get what I needed).

Here are some pics and videos of the "build". Let me know what you guys think. It is certainly not built for comfort and is not 100% finished.

Before and after shots:

Video: (not sure if you can click the image to link you)

Direct link:

http://s437.photobucket.com/albums/q...t=IMG_1154.mp4

Old 06-11-2012 | 04:24 PM
crimson13
Elite HDF Member

I think its cool.....

Old 06-11-2012 | 04:30 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

I think its rad but i know i couldnt ride the bike like that my back would be killing me....

Old 06-11-2012 | 04:41 PM
gartec81
Grand HDF Member

My back hurts just looming at it.

It looks good though. Just get a custom set of rear sets and your bavk will be ready for the long haul.

Kts a neat direction though. Get a sportbike front end grafted.

Old 06-11-2012 | 04:56 PM
markeejay
Tourer

at first i thought looks a bit strange, but then watched the vid and i gotta admit looks pretty rad way better then minia apes etc
why not be different - nice one

Old 06-11-2012 | 05:08 PM
HD Dooley
Cruiser

i love it! very cool. and i bet it feels really good in corrners with that agressive riding position. (do u use your mids more now?)

if you ever switch again i recomend the stock fat bob bars. i really hated all the bars that come stock on harleys, but when i threw my fatbob into the first hard corrner, i was sold.

Old 06-11-2012 | 05:44 PM
rdmption
|
Cruiser

Greatly appreciate everyone's feedback. I still want to do a couple more things to it, very minor details like iridium bulbs for the signals.. etc. I also want to figure out something a little taller for the bars but still keep the clip-on bracket. I already have a few things in mind that I'm working on, just need to find time to do it. I also want to cut the progressive drop-in pvc spacer a little more to drop the front a hair. Got to cover the license plate mounting holes and thats it for now.

I improvised the positioning of the stock cables, throttle, clutch, brake, in order to keep the original cables in case i want to switch to the mini apes for a long trip - any trip for that matter, hahaha.

Its definitely not built for comfort, but its sooo much fun!! Some for the members above hit the nail on the head when they said its super responsive and makes the bike feel completely different. You don't feel the weight of the bike as much, cornering is sharper, aesthetically looks way better imo, and seems way quicker being positioned that way on the bike. Its a head-turner on a budget!

And yes, the back kills! haha but luckily I'm only 24 and fairly light. So I'm going to enjoy it while I can.

I've always loved cafe-racers so its a blast to get a mini feel of what it would be like, key word mini.

PS: Im never going to normal bars! Im just going to modify the clip-ons to improve my position and comfort.

Old 06-11-2012 | 05:46 PM
07bobber
Ultimate HDF Member

u could always raise the fork tubes and clamp the bars on top of the top tree...

Old 06-11-2012 | 06:08 PM
rdmption
|
Cruiser

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T0gmRJu8TQ&feature=plcp

Made a youtube link, I think the quality is a little better.

Old 06-11-2012 | 06:09 PM
rdmption
|
Cruiser

Originally Posted by 07bobber
u could always raise the fork tubes and clamp the bars on top of the top tree...
Totally doable. I've seen someone else do that. I prefer the way I mounted them. I think it looks way cleaner.

Quick Reply: casual street bob build. rsd clip-ons, progressive suspension...