Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 06:18 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by xracer110
No bumper,,, I went out and looked right away and no bumper, My stand is the 1" shorter from J&P, Its actually bout 1/2" under my primary! cant only catch my foot on it,I cant even see it!! LOL. no problems though, I wouldnt change a thing.
I would go buy the bumper...Can't be very expensive. I just a molded piece of rubber. It will keep your stand from being metal to metal...

Old 08-28-2013, 11:54 PM
jckazz333
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just pulled the trigger on a pair of black Burly Slammers... So I am going to need a shorter kickstand as well huh?

Old 08-29-2013, 12:38 AM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

Yup same here, ebays my bikes best friend an wallets worst enemy.. was hopin to have em by this weekend but looks like it'll be next week instead. Any of u guys try the DIY mod to dremel down the stock stand instead of buyin a new one? Thinkin I might just go that route once I have the bike up. Will be sure an post some pics up when it's done thanks for the tips gents.

Old 08-29-2013, 05:04 AM
HarleyBob52
Road Warrior
Received 688 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEE-Z
Yup same here, ebays my bikes best friend an wallets worst enemy.. was hopin to have em by this weekend but looks like it'll be next week instead. Any of u guys try the DIY mod to dremel down the stock stand instead of buyin a new one? Thinkin I might just go that route once I have the bike up. Will be sure an post some pics up when it's done thanks for the tips gents.
I ground the tab on my stand off about 1/4 of an inch,works good,gave it the extra lean it needed.Only problem is if you decide to raise you bike back up you will need a new stand then cause it will lean to much..

Old 08-29-2013, 04:41 PM
xracer110
Road Captain
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jckazz333
I just pulled the trigger on a pair of black Burly Slammers... So I am going to need a shorter kickstand as well huh?
I bought the 50$ stand from J&P and it sounds as if its not as good as the arlen ness -1 that is mentioned in this thred. My bike has the perfect, stock like lean. but must use my hand to flip it down. slight inconvenience at first but now i dont mind. but if arlens can be used with your foot go that route.

Old 08-29-2013, 06:12 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by xracer110
I bought the 50$ stand from J&P and it sounds as if its not as good as the arlen ness -1 that is mentioned in this thred. My bike has the perfect, stock like lean. but must use my hand to flip it down. slight inconvenience at first but now i dont mind. but if arlens can be used with your foot go that route.
I have the J&p one...it is about the same. They can both be used with your foot if the rubber bumper is adjusted...

Old 09-07-2013, 07:41 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

Well here it is, finally came in last week and i threw them on last night, sorry don't have better pics yet but so far i drove it around and im likin it, i had it on the highest setting so i just turned it down one and will try that out, i weigh 170 so gonna see how soft i can go with it, that being said it rode fine for me, obviously a little stiffer on bumps but nothing i wasnt already used to on my sportster with 11" shocks, took it on some tight turns, as you can see i have stock exhaust which would already scrape sometimes on tight turns specially if i hit a bump so i def cant lean as much with these, even took a left turn a little fast and bumped something im guessing my jiffy stand. But for the most part if you go into corners slow im fine, normal corners like on ramps and such i had no problems at all, i do like taking canyon roads so well see how it works out when i have a chance to ride more but this bike is a cruiser not a r1 so im not too worried about it, and i can deal with a little pipe scrapage. I do want to change my pipes eventually and this has led me to consider short pipes.. i like the classic looks of straight pipes so v&h big shots or short shots would suit me fine, i tend to think the big shots would look better on the bike but if i had shorties id def get a lil better lean and wouldnt have to worry bout scrapin my pretty chrome as much.

oh and the jiffy stand, i ended up not doin any work on mine yet, kept it stock and its fine for flat ground i get a decent lean angle goin where i feel comfy leavin it, but on a hill i def have to park to the side with the left side down, eventually ill probably do something about that but since i dont park on hills much or live in SF its not a huge concern right now, i just wanted to get these puppies on and see how it looked and ride! Bout to go for another ride with the softer preset so we'll see how that feels, but I'm diggin the lowered stance feels good and looks good to boot. Now i jus needa buy some wood blocks for when i need to raise it again lol. speakin of which, anyone gotta link to a good thread on a lift mod for a craftsman lift to fit a dyna? i saw the youtube video one and might try that but just seeing if you guys with lowered bikes/ dynas had solutions you already came up with, anyways thanks again for all the info i appreciate it.

Attached Thumbnails Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-1.jpg   Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-3.jpg  
Old 09-07-2013, 07:45 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

oops.. idk why the pics came upside down prob how i held my phone, they look upright to me on the comp though hold on ill try again, if not sorry il get some better ones later anyways.

Attached Thumbnails Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-3.jpg   Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-1.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:45 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

heres some better shots for you guys.

Attached Thumbnails Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-1.jpg   Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-3.jpg   Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...-photo-4.jpg  
Old 09-09-2013, 10:21 PM
Col.Squirt
Cruiser

For those of you that ride 2 up, what do you think the max weight you have had on has been? I'm 6'1, 275lbs. Wondering if I want to go with the 10.5 Burlys, or an 11" progressive. I like to have fun in the twisties, and I dont want to be scraping or bottoming out all the time. Not sure if that .5" difference is worth the problems it could cause...

Quick Reply: Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...