Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 10:06 PM
J.Sizer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

I don't have the 10 .5 an have no issues when I ride to up.

Old 06-05-2012, 12:52 AM
09chubbyrobert
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

awesome thanks guys

Old 06-05-2012, 04:53 AM
trainedkilla
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I got shipping confirmation from JC motorsports yeserday so I should have them on Friday I believe. I will post up some before and after pics.

Old 06-05-2012, 06:32 AM
sgmfiser
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm glad I stumbled onto this thread. Have been trying to get some response on another one for about 3 days. Think they all are baggers. I have an '06 WG now with 11 1/2" and want to put a slammer kit on it. Have heard there is some kind of frame change between mine and yours. Is there any reason why I can't go to 10 1/2" shocks?? I weigh about 235# will it bottom out with my weight?? Any response would be of some help. In the wind.

Pops

Old 04-30-2013, 05:41 AM
Al Marino
6th Gear

I just ordered the burly 10.5 chrome shox for my 04 wg- ill see how the back Loox. I don't know if ill do the front yet. I have the progressive 440s on there now, but I ride mostly by myself, and with my back issues lately, don't need the heavy dutyness they provide. Ill shelf em for now, but ill sell em if someone wants em.

Old 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

been going through a bunch of these wide glide lowering threads too, sorry if I double posted but this looks more recent. encouraging to hear a few of you using the slammers with good results ie long rides, 2 ups, no bottoming out. I'm 175 lbs so thinking maybe i'll be okay.. but then I keep reading other posts about rubbed out wiring harnesses and the other usual so idk mixed reviews I guess. Although half the ppl don't mention their weight which is a big factor. Al Marino curious how you like the performance of the burlys compared to the progressives? Were ur progressives 11" im guessing? kinda stuck between the two so would love to hear ur opinion oh and weight? (if you don't mind .. is it gonna be killin my back over bumps? I already know they will look great, Im more worried about how it will feel I guess. For looks I want burlys but if itll ride a Lot better might stick with the 11" 440s. See the buy it now button on ebay and its so tempting..

Old 08-26-2013, 06:41 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

btw trained killa that's a bamf bike

Old 08-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Northbound Southerner
Elite HDF Member
Received 85 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by CHEE-Z
been going through a bunch of these wide glide lowering threads too, sorry if I double posted but this looks more recent. encouraging to hear a few of you using the slammers with good results ie long rides, 2 ups, no bottoming out. I'm 175 lbs so thinking maybe i'll be okay.. but then I keep reading other posts about rubbed out wiring harnesses and the other usual so idk mixed reviews I guess. Although half the ppl don't mention their weight which is a big factor. Al Marino curious how you like the performance of the burlys compared to the progressives? Were ur progressives 11" im guessing? kinda stuck between the two so would love to hear ur opinion oh and weight? (if you don't mind .. is it gonna be killin my back over bumps? I already know they will look great, Im more worried about how it will feel I guess. For looks I want burlys but if itll ride a Lot better might stick with the 11" 440s. See the buy it now button on ebay and its so tempting..
I replied in another of your posts. I have the 10.5 Burlys and weigh anywhere from 160-175 depending on the time of year. I never bottom out and the bike rides better than it did on the crap stockers...Plus, it looks WAY better...

Old 08-26-2013, 08:18 PM
103WideGlide
5th Gear

This is a mod I'm looking to do soon. Sub'd for pics!
These bikes could use a little altitude adjustment

Old 08-26-2013, 08:36 PM
CHEE-Z
Cruiser

Awesome thanks for the reply, yeah I saw that thanks sorry for double postin lol im just about sold, I figure hell if it don't work out I can always change back or figure something else out right? I think it looks too sweet though gonna lift the tank a bit and that should help set it off as well. Curious did you ever have the slammers on with your stock exhaust? I scrape sometimes as it is already so sure this isn't gonna help, but I want to get some new pipes eventually anyways.. but that's for another thread and paycheck I guess. How does the big radius work for you as far as cornering?

Quick Reply: Burly rear shock for Wide Glide...