Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2012 | 03:20 PM
odd_child4life@hotmail.com
|
Tourer
Default good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...

so there i was going to bed this past thursday night thinking "i should probably go riding this weekend" but as much to my horror friday morning as i was walking to my bike to ride to work... i discovered someone decided to not pay attention and try to force their car into the same space my bike was parked. first thing i thought walking to the parking lot was "someone moved my bike" but once i got closer i realized that wasn't the case. the rear fender is pushed all the way to the tire. the rear brake light assembly, more than likely, is not salvageable. the stalk to the right mirror is busted... big time. the guy even managed to tear the inside corner of the right saddle bag. i have yet to check the condition of the exhaust. im so pissed off about this i can barely think straight. im hoping that his insurance will cover it because my insurance company (progressive) is as useless as t*ts on a nun. now... the guy on duty at my barracks already called PMO and got a report filed. my question is this: should i call my insurance company or call a lawyer?

Attached Thumbnails good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...-456870_10151748169510640_1300791070_o.jpg   good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...-460002_10151748172365640_760475639_24225238_368174569_o.jpg   good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...-464283_10151748167730640_760475639_24225225_1813605917_o.jpg   good thing i get a four day weekend with great weather...-467011_10151748171195640_760475639_24225233_805041470_o.jpg  
Old 05-26-2012 | 03:44 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master

Sorry to hear that. Could of been worse....but, I know that has to burn your bisquits.

Was the car still there? Either way, Get the MP's report, take plenty of pictures, and take it to the installations claims office. I don't know if they still do it, but back in the day, they would pay for that.

And, by all means, call your insurance...They represent you!

Hope this helps

Best wishes....Tim(HT)

Last edited by Harley Tim; 05-26-2012 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Because I can
Old 05-26-2012 | 03:48 PM
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by Harley Tim
Sorry to hear that. Could of been worse....but, I know that has to burn your bisquits.

Was the car still there? Either way, Get the MP's report, take plenty of pictures, and take it to the installations claims office. I don't know if they still do it, but back in the day, they would pay for that.

And, by all means, call your insurance...They represent you!

Hope this helps

Best wishes....Tim(HT)
well supposedly PMO has is information but to avoid an assault charge, as i am still pretty hot under the hood about this, i havent gotten his info yet. im not sure if i want to call my insurance company yet though... insurance companies being what they are i dont want to get screwed with paying the bill. well... ANY bills for that matter as this is 100% not my fault. anyways... i dont think they have a "claims office" any more.

Old 05-26-2012 | 03:58 PM
Harley Tim
Road Master

Ya know? I've got GEICO on mine. And about 1 1/2 years ago I had a mishap with some deer. They were all over it!

Sent a wrecker to pick it up that morning, had the local rep call me by noon, and set-up a time to look at the bike that afternoon! 3 weeks later and $3,400.00 later (On the lizzard), and all was well.

Tim

Old 05-26-2012 | 03:59 PM
|
Tourer

then i might have to look into GEICO then... i have heard nothing but bad things about progressive.

Old 05-26-2012 | 04:14 PM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Default Call Progressive!

Originally Posted by odd_child4life@hotmail.com
im hoping that his insurance will cover it because my insurance company (progressive) is as useless as t*ts on a nun. my question is this: should i call my insurance company or call a lawyer?
Why is Progressive as useless as you say? You pay the insurance company for just such an occaision. USE THEM!! Why would you call a lawyer? Seems that you are putting the cart before the horse! Having your bike hit sucks, but it's only a bike! When your stomach and mind settle, do the deed, make the call and get things going.

If you have collision, Progressive should pay for the fix less deductable and when they recoupe the deductable from the other persons insurance company give the deductable back to you. If you don't have collision, you would most likely have to deal with the other persons insurance company directly. If nobody was injured the only way a lawyer would want your case would be if you pay him! (without injury, pain or suffering, the money isn't there for them)

I feel sorry for you, especially because of the timing, but there are far worse thing that could happen.

MOST IMPORTANTLY! - Thank you for your service. Wishing you the best during this holiday weekend and all the great weekends to follow!

Last edited by jeffreydsilver; 05-26-2012 at 04:16 PM.
Old 05-26-2012 | 04:54 PM
|
Tourer

Originally Posted by jeffreydsilver
Why is Progressive as useless as you say? You pay the insurance company for just such an occaision. USE THEM!! Why would you call a lawyer? Seems that you are putting the cart before the horse! Having your bike hit sucks, but it's only a bike! When your stomach and mind settle, do the deed, make the call and get things going.

If you have collision, Progressive should pay for the fix less deductable and when they recoupe the deductable from the other persons insurance company give the deductable back to you. If you don't have collision, you would most likely have to deal with the other persons insurance company directly. If nobody was injured the only way a lawyer would want your case would be if you pay him! (without injury, pain or suffering, the money isn't there for them)

I feel sorry for you, especially because of the timing, but there are far worse thing that could happen.

MOST IMPORTANTLY! - Thank you for your service. Wishing you the best during this holiday weekend and all the great weekends to follow!
thank you for your support and the words of wisdom!