Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help Me Decide

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2012, 08:23 AM
Overdose
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help Me Decide

Way to many options, but I believe I have it narrowed down to the PowerVision or SE Pro Race tuner. I have V&H big radius 2-2 and just got my SE Heavy breather delivered. Just looking for some advice.

Old 05-24-2012, 08:34 AM
Sharkman73
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are tons of threads on here discussing all of the tuning options available...use the search function & it should turn up tons of info.

I researched tuning options for about 3 months before I ever traded for my new FXDC. I went with the SE Pro Race Tuner & had it dyno tuned @ 1,000 miles. Bike runs perfect, no decel popping, much smoother power delivery, sounds healthy & I gained 8hp & 10tq from stock.

I have a good dyno guy @ my dealer & that makes all the difference. If you go with the SE Pro Race Tuner, you need a good dyno tune to dial it in right.

Many will chime in with their recommendation & why they chose what they did, but I'm very happy with the route I went, but it was pricey...$459 for the tuner & $300 for the dyno.

Good luck...there are many options.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Stag556
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You will get many opinions. I now have the power vision on my bike and I have no complaints. In the end, it's what you feel comfortable spending money on cuz they both don't come cheap.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:20 AM
Denny69
Road Captain

Without any engine modifications, I would just get the download. When you start modifyng the engine, then go with a tuner.

Old 05-24-2012, 10:28 AM
HBomb74
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

What about the Vance and Hines Fuel Pak? I am planning a Pro Pipe along with a high-flow air cleaner (haven't decided which one yet). Using one of their canned maps specific for your application seems fairly easy to do. I don't plan on doing any engine mods at all and this seems like the least expensive and easiest route.

Old 05-24-2012, 11:18 AM
harley_rider77
Novice

I'm in the same boat. I added Vance and Hines Big Radius 2 into 2 pipes and a Kuryakyn Skull air cleaner just the other day. I'm trying to decide whether to go with Power Commander or PowerVision by Dynojet or maybe get the Fuel Pak by V&H

Old 05-24-2012, 11:30 AM
markrumsfield
Tourer

If you are going to have your bike dyno tuned I would go with whatever the shop likes to use. I dont have any experience with Race Tuner, but I can recomend Power Vision. User friendly and if you get it from Fuel Moto they supply maps and excellent customer support, so no brainer IMO.

Old 05-24-2012, 12:31 PM
DK Custom
Platinum Sponsor
Received 4,232 Likes on 2,464 Posts

For your Stage 1 (exhaust and intake) upgrade one of the XiED's is enough and it is less expensive and a 10 minute Plug-n-Play.

For a full tuner, I don't think you can do better than a Power Vision from FuelMoto.

DKCustomProducts.com
Call/Text: 662-252-8828
Email: Support@DKCustomProducts.com

Old 05-24-2012, 01:08 PM
onemyndseye
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 PV ...

Versus the SE Tuner i think its a no brainer. Both great units but atleast with the PV the dyno tune is somewhat optional.

PURCHASE IT FROM FUELMOTO!!!!!!! Might be slightly more expensive than some sellers but you WILL NOT beat FuelMotos expertise and service

Old 05-24-2012, 01:27 PM
ynots
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Denny69
Without any engine modifications, I would just get the download. When you start modifyng the engine, then go with a tuner.
my .02: I go with xied before Id get the download

Quick Reply: Please Help Me Decide