Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rider / Passenger convertible (?) backrest suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2012, 11:46 AM
numismaddict
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Red face Rider / Passenger convertible (?) backrest suggestions?

Now that I'm about to have a completed and painted tour pak (knock-off) for my Switchback I'm thinking about options for when I leave it in the hotel room / campsite or whatever. I'd like to have a backrest that can be used for the passenger in the absence of the tour pak yet not so large that it can't be packed in saddlebag or tour pak and take up limited space. Plus I'd love to also be able to use it for the rider position as well. I guess something that would have mounting straps and bolt to the seat security bolt would be in order

Now the catch is, I currently like my stock FLD seat but the darn thing does NOT have a slot for a rider backrest (why not HD?) Paying $500-$600 or more for a new seat is not really something I'd like to do right now...there are other mods I'd rather purchase and so would rather go without I guess.

Any thoughts, ideas, suggestions...or am I just nucking futz?