Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What bag to get, Kuryakyn Ultra Tour or Grantour?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2012, 09:45 PM
j14woods
Tourer
Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default What bag to get, Kuryakyn Ultra Tour or Grantour?

Just looking for some opinions from my fellow Dyna riders. I want to get a bag for my luggage rack but can't decide what one to get. I like the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour and the Grantour bags and want some input. Will the Ultra Tour bag be to wide and look goofy on the back of my FXDC? Both bags have good reviews everywhere I look and the Ultra Tour bag is a little cheaper too. Thanks in advance!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:34 PM
hellbob37
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grantour is on eBay for 145 shipped. My HD dealer has the same bag different company (forget which) for 150. I was thinkin about picking one up for myself. I really like all the different ways it mounts plus the back rest feature. Perfect weekend bag!

Old 05-20-2012, 10:56 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by j14woods
Just looking for some opinions from my fellow Dyna riders. I want to get a bag for my luggage rack but can't decide what one to get. I like the Kuryakyn Ultra Tour and the Grantour bags and want some input. Will the Ultra Tour bag be to wide and look goofy on the back of my FXDC? Both bags have good reviews everywhere I look and the Ultra Tour bag is a little cheaper too. Thanks in advance!
I can't speak to the UltraTour but I have the GranTour and really like it. It slides off the sissy bar easily and when I'm riding solo I have it rest on the seat and it is a good backrest. Has a padded piece with velcro straps that fit under the seat to secure it when it is in the "forward" position. When it's sitting on the luggage rack I just use a couple of bungies through the tie down loops to hold it. You can put a lot of stuff in it with several external pockets for stuff you want to get at while it is on the bike (camera, phone, etc). It also includes straps so you can attach stuff to the top (extra helmet, jacket, etc)

Attached Thumbnails What bag to get, Kuryakyn Ultra Tour or Grantour?-4goldbeachca1.jpg  
Old 05-21-2012, 07:12 PM
mollica713
Novice

I really like the bag I have. I have one for my sissy bar and one for my handle bars.

http://www.saracenibags.com/index.html

Old 05-21-2012, 07:35 PM
testifer
Road Master

full dresser is the best bag hands down. i had the grand tour and the full dresser holds double. its narrow so it doesnt look funny. whats nice is that it holds more when its not even extended. once u extend it, the top part alone will hold helmets or thick leathers or more clothes. you can un zip it little by little to get to each shelf without opening the whole bag. its also bigger than any t bag. highly recomend.

Old 05-21-2012, 08:06 PM
Billyjo88
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FXDXTSport
I can't speak to the UltraTour but I have the GranTour and really like it. It slides off the sissy bar easily and when I'm riding solo I have it rest on the seat and it is a good backrest. Has a padded piece with velcro straps that fit under the seat to secure it when it is in the "forward" position. When it's sitting on the luggage rack I just use a couple of bungies through the tie down loops to hold it. You can put a lot of stuff in it with several external pockets for stuff you want to get at while it is on the bike (camera, phone, etc). It also includes straps so you can attach stuff to the top (extra helmet, jacket, etc)
Sorry for the hijack, but what kind of fairing are you running? Never saw this one before!

Old 05-21-2012, 10:58 PM
FXDXTSport
Stellar HDF Member
Received 540 Likes on 240 Posts

Originally Posted by Billyjo88
Sorry for the hijack, but what kind of fairing are you running? Never saw this one before!
That's the stock fairing that came with the 01 FXDXT. I added a two inch taller windshield but the rest is OEM.