Dyna Glide Models Super Glide, Super Glide Sport, Super Glide Custom, Dyna Glide Convertible, Super Glide T-Sport, Dyna Glide Police, Dyna Switchback, Low Rider, Street Bob, Fat Bob and Wide Glide.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I have a SERT...now what?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 07:37 PM
hart11b
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default I have a SERT...now what?

I bought my bike used with a SERT. It had stock pipes and a hi-flow air cleaner. I put on some V&H pipes and I'll now get some "gurgling" and every once in a while I'll get a nice loud POP.

So, I have the SERT, the cables, but no CD. What is the most efficient way to get the best tune for my current configuration? I can't find a CD to buy anywhere. Also, what kind of cost am I looking at for your recommendation?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:48 PM
rooti
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

There is a sert thread on this forum you can go through and decide if you want to get the software and attempt to do it yourself or if you would rather just get it right and ride...Look into finding the best dyno tuner in your area and have it dyno tuned... (hint: most of the time it isn't the dealer) If you find the right guy, it will take at least half the day and cost around 300 bucks.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:39 AM
jluvs2ride
Elite HDF Member
Location: Back in the Good Ole USA. South Carolina to be exact.
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hart11b
I bought my bike used with a SERT. It had stock pipes and a hi-flow air cleaner. I put on some V&H pipes and I'll now get some "gurgling" and every once in a while I'll get a nice loud POP.

So, I have the SERT, the cables, but no CD. What is the most efficient way to get the best tune for my current configuration? I can't find a CD to buy anywhere. Also, what kind of cost am I looking at for your recommendation?
If you have the VCI and cables, the software is cheap, about $30.00 USD I believe.